Hard time giving online dating a chance?

I hate dating apps but I am not meeting men right now another way and my friends met their fiancés on there.

I I find that when I am talking to men online I am almost looking for flaws. I have a negative view on it because there are definitely some bad apples on there who flake and are jerks. I find that even if I get to a date I get nervous and often look for flaws. I have to kick myself to meet the person. And I am not enthusiastic about guys from online. I am much more receptive and open minded to guys I meet in person. Is anyone else the same way?

What Guys Said 2

• I never did the online dating thing. For me at low points when I was single, it was all bars and clubs with moderate "success" (more moderate success getting laid but very little finding love interests). I figured at least I get to kind of talk to a person before going on a date in those cases.

To me the best way is just make friends and kind of stop obsessing over being lonely, have fun, make more friends. You can build up this huge group of people, mixed gender groups, and keep expanding them and merging them (has one group meet the other group, throw your own party).

My sister tried that whole online dating thing and came up empty-handed. Then she went the more networking route and got married that way. That's also how I ended up meeting my wife.

• Yeah I could see your point, it is a lot different than just being approached in person but at least you can find out a lot about them before going further if they are not your type but still awkward the first time

What Girls Said 1

• Then maybe you should give up on it.