Guys, What Would Stop You From Approaching A Girl?

Assuming you don't know this girl at all, not her name, age, date of birth, favorite color, nothing, just some girl out in public, what would be the one thing that would make you not approach her? No matter what, what's that one non-negotiable thing about a woman that tells you to turn around and go the other direction?

Please don't say wedding/engagement ring because that's incredibly obvious.

Sorry, assuming that physically she is your type, like beautiful physically, why would you still not approach her?

Forgot to add that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nose up in the air.

Thinking she is above everyone else. Hate those bitches.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most men seem to be intimidated by a girl hanging around her friends because they know we're going to judge the shit out of them and they don't want to be embarrassed. Kids and the fact that a girl is hanging around other guys sometimes throw them off. They say "bitch" but there's a thin line between bitch and confidence. Can't have one without the other.

What Guys Said 18

• For me, it's all about what kind of vibe she puts out. Does this girl look like a bitch? The kind of person to say shit about you behind your back? Does she look like I'm gonna approach her and she's gonna immediately act weirded out? Thats pretty much it. She also has to look like she's in a mood to entertain a conversation. Sometimes you can tell their not and a couple minutes later, you'll see them answering their phone or something.

That's actually a big one. Seeing a girl texting on her phone, looking like she's engaged in a conversation makes me feel like I have no opportunity to say something. Same if she has her earbuds in or something.

In case you're wondering what my setting is, I go to college and there is a main cafe area where everyone kinda hangs out while waiting for their next class or to study or something. Sometimes I like to approach girls here. It's a great place for it because I rarely see the same people here so rejection doesn't bother me as much.

• Smoking, small chidren, Hillary Clinton shirt

• 1- nothing to talk about
    2- she has resting bitchface
    3- she looks busy
    4- around friends
    5- I'm around friends
    6- she looks too old or young for me
    7- she's blasted
    8- she looks and/or smells like a smoker
    9- don't wanna look like a creeper
    10- don't wanna get embarrassed

• could be various things:

She looks bitchy/not approachable.
    Too young... like I'm older.
    smoking - blech

• To be honest, location more than anything. Approaching a girl on the street, in a supermarket, or bank is just plain creepy or at least likely to be perceived as such. However, if the location is more upbeat and social like a mall, shopping center, or special event, then I will approach the girl.

• Like, to flirt?

Non-Christian religious iconography, an obvious communist, socialist, or feminist. Being involved in a pro-abortion demonstration. Blasting crappy pop music. If she was flippin' someone off or otherwise actin' nasty. If she were doing drugs. A masculine haircut. That sort of thing.

• Everything.

I wouldn't approach a random girl in public. I would have to know her a bit first.

• Then how do you meet anyone if you don't approach them?

• Through other people or through other means that don't involve me trying to pick up a random girl. I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to meet a lot of women.

Shyness, social anxiety and lack of self esteem have been issues my entire life. Now well into adulthood, I can't and won't play that game. If that prevents me from interacting with a lot of women and I'm sure that it does, then oh well.

• If i didn't find her attractive would certainly a biggie.
    Or
    If i was taken

• 1. looking mean
    2. not looking interested
    3. closed body language
    4. making fun of someone else nearby
    5. being with friends or family
    6. looks like a whore or attention whore
    7. walking fast
    can't think of any others right now

• oh yeah children is a no no too i dont know if its your brother or sister or not dont care either.

• Smells, smokes, farts lol

• She's a smoker, with a child that may be hers, resting bitch face.

• The guy might be shy, tired, in a hurry, etc
    If thats not the case its way harder to approach a girl when she is in a group (with other girl or guy) or even if the girl is a 9/10 or 10/10. If she is really hot its the hardest to approach.

• Being rejected too many damn times. I'm just like fuck it, I give up.

• At this point... nothing

• She is with a guy or her friends. It's always her friends, they look at you like shit

• If she had an annoying voice

• 1) She looks too young
    2) She looks bitchy , irritated , or unnapproachable
    3) It looks like she's with her boyfriend
    4) she's too old
    5) At the moment I feel really unconfident
    6) she's dressed weird
    7) she's acting strange

• Being hurt to many times trying to approach other women. If I do aproach I won't flirt with her until at least the 3rd time I see her. I'd be nice and freindly with her.

What Girls Said 1

• Men will approach women that look like they're easy to talk to and not yell at you straight away.

• Agreed for the opposite as well. You're right, it is nice when a guy doesn't yell at you, hang up on you, de friend you on FB or in rl.