Is it worth telling your best friend that you like them, knowing that it could ruin the friendship?

Recently, I've started to notice that I'm falling for my girl best friend who I've been friends with since elementary school. What would be a good way of asking her out? Is it worth the risk?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes in life you have to take risks for what you want. Follow your gut feeling. If it feels right go for it. If not, fight the urge. In my experiences I always fell for my girl best friend at that time and every time it fell through and didn't work. We were meant to be friends and only friends. That doesn't mean the same goes for you, take the risk of it feels okay.

What Girls Said 2

• Not worth the risk!! I lost my best friend because he fell in love with me, I told him I didn't feel the same and ever since we stopped talking. Dont ruin a good friendship just yet...

• It's not. But most people do it.

What Guys Said 1

• At 16? no mate... wait a little bit longer. it is definitely not worth it, not now anyway. keep up building that friendship, eventually, later, things will reveal themselves as to if you really do like/love her, as of now, you are just wondering if she is just a willing guinea pig while you are discovering the motions.