He's probably just being nice... right?

So I finally got the guts to ask out a guy (to lunch, yum) But he said that he had just spilt with a girl recently and didn't want to start anything new. He just wants to enjoy summer. And i told him that that was perfectly fine and that i understand. I truthfully respect his mindset right now, and I'm definitely not in any rush to be in a relationship. I just wanted to go for it and test the waters. I have no problem with being patience and waiting, i really like this guy. Do you think that something could possibly happen in the future? Especially if we grow our small friendship? I couldn't really tell if he was just being nice about it or if he really just doesn't want a relationship right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak for all guys but when I say I "just spilt with a girl recently and didn't want to start anything new.", that means I'm not interested. Very few people wait any time at all between relationships these days.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys love to be single in summer.

What Guys Said 2

• You sound a little too giddy there, it probably shows too... you can fabricate all you want darling but guys can still see. Yes, he is just being nice, i mean, he told you what he felt from the get go, you are the only one with goals at this point.

• Maybe. Just spend time with each other this summer.

What Girls Said 0