Would it be wrong for me to date his friend?

I've been pretty close with this guy for about 4 years. I used to really like him, but I don't feel that way about him anymore. The more I've spent time with him, the more I've seen that he's just not the type of guy I like. He finally asked me out about 3 months ago (a couple years too late) and I told him no. Anyway, I've been out for drinks with him and his friends and I really like one of them. And I'm pretty sure he feels the same, but I haven't made a move. I feel like it would be wrong of me to do anything about this or say yes if he were to ask me out. Would it be okay or not?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds a bit messed up.
    Also a lot of guys won't date a girl their friend is/was interested in.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, you can date him. You don't owe your friend anything. The only thing is if you two are very close, and if you think it could hurt him. If he's not over you, you should maybe ask him. Consider that he might not answer honestly, bc he doesn't want to be a burden or stop you from dating.

• yes it would.