Do nice guys finish last? And what are characteristics of nice guys? ... Besides the usual lacking confidence?

I'm just curious to know if I'm too nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily, however unfortunately us teenage girls do tend to go for the fuckboys... but that's only because they don't seem like fuck boys one-on one, they seem like nice, good looking guys, who are misunderstood and super sweet, while being confident... it's a tricky web they weave... but I have learned the tell-tale signs of a fuckboy and have managed to dodge them at all costs, and I would consider my boyfriend a nice guy... so no they don't always finish last... as for the characteristics I don't think they're all lacking in confidence they just are very cautious of seeming cocky, slightly nervous maybe, a little quiet, don't have huge groups of friends etc.

• it really depends on the girl some prefer and some dont

Most Helpful Guy

• Who ever said that 'Nice Guys' lack confidence? That's just nonsense!! Most 'Nice Guys' have too much respect, and honor, to degrade themselves like some, just trying to get into a girl's pants!!
    Nice guys respect her, and she is a 'Lady' and he treats her as such, with good manners, opening doors, holding her hand on stairs, adjusting the chair, as she sits.
    it isn't about her needing 'help' but a Proper Gentleman's Respect, of a Lady.
    Some say it is sexist, or old fashioned, and that is there opinion. The few that appreciate it, well, they like those 'Nice Guys' that treat them like they are Proper Ladies!!

What Girls Said 2

• Being nice doesn't necessarily mean you'll come last. Being a pushover and allowing people to take advantage does though. Be assertive , and set boundaries and don't allow anyone to cross them.

Disassociate yourself from anyone who is manipulative or self-centred. Only extend your kindness to people who appreciate it.

• "Nice guys finish last" is a load of shit and everyone knows it. Some women may be swayed by the whole "bad boy" personality, but the large majority of them are immature and unreliable.
    As for the characteristics, they can be subjective. "Nice" can be defined in many ways, but I think what typically comes to mind, for me, is an intellectual guy that helps others without expecting anything in return. Don't worry about being too nice. However, being nice and being a pushover are two different things. Try to create an air of confidence around you, speak your mind. Don't ever let someone walk all over you because you're kinder than other people.

What Guys Said 8

• No nice guys finish last because they help everyone else finish first. Your right though that they lack confidence they also care to much what the girl will think. Just remember that your at least flattering her just by trying.

• Yes, the nice guy is the opposite of what women want. Women want cocky, fiery, and light-hearted. They don't want silent, humble, and respectful.

They want the douchebag with the sports car and the mansion, they don't want wandering warriors on an endless quest.

• Yes. The girl should always cum first.

• 0|0
  • Nice guys these days aren't actually even nice guys in my opinion. They don't do anything about it other than nag and rant

• So if bad guys are bad, and nice guys aren't nice... then all guys are bad? xD

• Dammit, I meant if bad guys are bad xD I messed up xD

• @AleDeEurope dude you're confusing me 😂 and to me there are 3 categories not 2: Pussies, nice guys, and bad guys

• 1. Yes.
    2. Awkward kindness.
    3. They often are overconfident.

• Pushovers.
    Scared to disagree with popular opinions.

• Alone forever.