If a guy is decently attractive, but gets little attention from women, what's the reason?

And how can he fix it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me ask you this... have you ever seen someone at a bar or on the street, and you just KNEW that he or she was feeling insecure, and lacking in a lot of confidence?

Now, how did you know? My guess is that you figured it out through their body language.
    Believe it or not, your body language says MORE about the type of person you are, and how much of a quality 'catch' you are, than any combination of words that you can put together and articulate.
    Research has shown again and again that over 50% of all communication is through our body language. So what does your body language really say about you? What does your body language COMMUNICATE to others?

If you are habitually looking down, or find it hard to look at a someone straight in the eyes, then you're probably also showing a lot of other "bad" body language.

Confident is a turn on. Insecure people find it hard to even get a man's/women's attention to start with.

If you show through your body language that you are a man who has no confidence, no self esteem or self worth, then women will automatically and subconsciously be turned off you. And they will also disqualify you as good "boyfriend" material.

if you presented yourself with confident high value body language, then more women will be drawn to you.

So really pay attention to, and master your own body language. This is one of those silent killers that don't always come up to the front of your mind, but will sabotage your love life like there's no tomorrow

• This is a really good answer I haven't thought about, it's hard I do have confidence issues. Thank you

• This x10, so many men cannot even look a girl in the eye it's cringeworthy

• Do you work out? this can boost both physical and mental confidence. Everything is easier when you feel great.

Most Helpful Guy

• Problems with social skills (not too many friends), overly attentive to girls (doesn't establish you as a person of note), doesn't project a masculine vibe.

These tend to be the main ones.

"Confidence" is important too but often oversimplified. If you have confidence, you'll be popular in social groups as well, for example, but that may not necessarily make you highly sought out among women. More qualities are needed to really give you some sexual appeal.

What Girls Said 11

• He need to be more social. Step out of his comfort zone !

• In what way are you saying attractive? If your saying as in physical appearance it's pointless. If there is something not right about you as a whole, a woman is not going to pay attention to you. Don't seek for attention from a woman, they will never look your way, except knowing that your too desperate. Even if you are a social person, it doesn't make you somebody a woman needs to feel attracted to. A lot has to do with personality and status as a person. I don't believe in those things as a woman, but others do. And it's usually from immature women.

• Being attractive isn't enough to get more than a second glance from most women. A guy who's attractive may not be having too much success with women because he's not very approachable, finds it difficult to open up in conversation, and just generally comes off as very guarded.

Try being a bit more social and chatty with women you're interested in, and showing them that you have more to offer than just good looks.

• He's too shy and waits for women to take him. by the hand and initiate conversations so that he doesn't have to. Guys that have shown interest in me in the past have missed their opportunities for this reason. Because they never act on it. You need to try and come out of your shell and build your confidence to become more sociable.

• If I see an attractive guy I assume he is already taken. lol

• Haha, you took the words right out of my mouth! I assume the same about really attractive girls - they are already taken, or are crushing on someone else!

• @aficionado lol thank you , very kind.

• You're welcome, just being brutally honest! :)

• Putting himself out there is probably the issue. He's probably got a lot going for him, but most people (unless you're well above average attractive or famous) won't get regular attention unless you put yourself out there by being more social, going to places where people meet, gussying up your appearance everytime you go out, etc.

• Communication and socializing skills. There was this guy in my hostel who was really good looking but would always sit alone in the bar because he was really bad communication and was also sharp.

• Maybe he's annoying or doesn't give them the right attention.

• Maybe he is socially awkward

• He probably has a shit personality

• @doodlydee How am I the one? I'm answering your question, how the hell does it relate to me?

• @doodlydee No. This is not a personal opinion. You just assume it is. What you're saying makes no sense.

• @doodlydee when did I tell you this is something that I know from experience?

• He might need to be more sociable and approachable. It's a balance, like you need to smile but don't do it all the time. If I glanced at a guy a few times I might want to talk to, and he smiles then that means I might be more likely to chat with him.

What Guys Said 11

• Girls only give attention to REALLY hot guys. If he is just 'decently' attractive, he needs to actively pursue girls and try to get their attention. It won't happen on it's own.

• Except, REALLY hot changes from opinion to opinion.

• @Napoli

Not always, there are some guys who can't ever be thought of as REALLY hot by the majority of women. Likewise, there are some guys who will appear hot to the majority of girls.

• I'd say he needs to work on being more confident and approaching the women he's interested in himself.

• Unapproachable body language, has too many female friends around him, bad body odor,

the most common one is terrible social skills when talking to women, or what people call "game".

• Dress better?

• Personal presentation, body language.

• girls want to be the ones that get the attention

• Shyness, Bad Posture, Low Confidence, Bad Grooming, How he dresses...

• Good looks ain't everything. Otherwise, one of my best friends would get laid all the time, which he doesn't...

• Failure to act like an arrogant ass! This is a serious social offense for men!

• if he gets little or no attention than he's not attractive as he thinks he is, and plus girls/women dont desire the opposite gender, so its best just to leave them alone, and wait for their approach etc

• Girls only give attention to super attractive guys. You can't get attention from women unless your a very social person

• Small penis