Guys, do you text the night of after a date? Girls, do you want a text right after a date?

This is of course assuming the date went at least fairly well if not excellent. I almost always text the night of if I want to see the girl again, or I ask her to let me know she got home okay and let her know then that I enjoyed the date. I don't personally find this clingy, but I know girls who would take it that way.

Just wondering what other people do, feel about waiting vs. letting the person know you enjoyed it!

P. S. Of course girls can text first after a date! I just know most likely this is left up to the guy.

• I am a girl, and I would prefer a text the same night as the date
  • I am a girl and I would rather he wait some/ not come on so strong.
  • I am a guy, I like texting the girl right after the date
  • I am a guy, I like to wait a little while to avoid coming on to clingy
It is always funny when there is a gender gap in these polls! Seems the men may have it wrong and the girls prefer a text right after!

Most Helpful Girl

• Right after the date. It's not clingy , it shows he really enjoyed the time with me and is thinking about me. I'd view it as a positive thing.

I would text a guy after a date. To let him know how much I enjoyed it. Providing it went well and I liked him. If not, then I wouldn't initiate texting

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll text her after, maybe that night maybe next day just depends on how late we get in or whatever

What Girls Said 5

• Getting a quick text that night shows that he had a good time and is still interested, which is a plus. it's fun and exciting to get that confirmation. But keep it short and sweet- don't send a novel or try to start a drawn out conversation.

• People who wait 3 days are idiots. I'd rather someone tell me they want to see me again straight away or at the very least, the next day.

• I can wait for a text, it doesn't have to be right after date.

• The guy should text right after the date

• Most guys text a couple of days after the date, which is fine, but if you text right after a date, you get a lot of points!

What Guys Said 1

• call the bitch