I just found out my crush is 18. I'm 16?

I'm 16 and I have giant crush on this girl. We've smiled at each other twice. I want to start a conversation and become friends (and hopefully more). The problem is, I just found out she's 18. If you're 18, would you think about dating a 16 y/o? She probably thinks I'm older than 16. What should I do? I don't want to embarrass myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't personally date a younger guy no matter how hot or famous he is. I would go for a minimum if one year younger. I'm not into
    younger guys. But hey everyone is different. Maybe she's okay with dating younger guys. Like Jennifer Lopez. Just message her up on social media or something and see how she replies to you. If she sounds interested or bored. Don't tell her your age right away. See how she talks to you first.

Most Helpful Guy

• as a guy, and she's 18? thats odd and not very common. though hey if it works out more power too u. one of the hottest girls in my grade went out with a 16year old and got knocked up... lol long story but its funny. its still pretty rare though. normally the girl is the younger one. we "guys" are immature lol so they dont like us as we pups hehe. they are so sophisicated even as little girls...

What Girls Said 4

• I'm 16, and my ex boyfriend is 19. Doesn't matter at all.

Even if she does mind, you shouldn't like her just because she's the only one showing any interest in you, I know it can be frustrating but just wait, don't settle for anything or anyone just because you haven't met anyone else. You'll find your perfect match.

• difference is ur example was normal young girl vs older boyfriend, his is younger boyfriend vs older girlfriend. not saying it does not happen but its rarer especially at the HS stage of life.

• Thank you for the mho!

• 👍👍👍

• no way would I be dating a 16 year old

• I wouldn't date a 16 year old.

• I am not 18, but when I was I would date a 16 year old if I liked him and I found him interesting enough.

What Guys Said 2

• Go ahead dude, the gap is just 2 years, there's no problem with it. Take your chances and don't regret later for not trying to do anything.

• Why not, if you like eachother, go ahead, just don't have sex til it's legal, in florida, that is legal, cuz it's within 5 years, but I dunno how you're state works, but still go ahead and date her