From my experience northern european guys prefer tall girls, so maybe men preferring short girls is a culture/regional thing?

I live in Norway and most of my friends said they prefer girls around their height. I heard that it is the same in Sweden and Denmark. In America most guys prefer girls shorter than them but maybe it is regional thing?

...
... up

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think you are right, I'm European and I like tall girls, however, I'm not North European, I'm South-East European.

• Where are you from?

• I'm from former Yugoslavia, region of Balkans.

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from Eastern Europe and I have seen the nordic type of women being idealised by many guys (mostly those below average looking guys that think they are god's gift to women).
    However, I'm only 168cm/5'6", slim with an hourglass shape (36-24-36/90-60-90) and I still have a boyfriend. So even though some men have preference like that, this doesn't exclude other types of girls from the dating pool.

• you are not short? :D

• I looked through the comments for this post and noticed the comments from the nordic guys, and according to their nordic standards, I am short. 😂
      And people here buy into the nordic type models, which are also like 175cm/5'9", so again, compared to that I am short. 😂

What Guys Said 4

• It is.
    Here in the US "we" like our women short, girly, curvaceous, and cute.
    In many area of Europe they like their women tall, slender, sexy, not as girly girly.

• Especially in Scandinavia.

• I know a Finnish girl who likes shotas. But then Finland isn't Northern Europe technically.

• U. S. culture prefers a higher level of male-female size difference than some other cultures.

• Yes, in Norway guys prefer girls at same eye level.

• I am from Sweden and you are right, many of my friends rejected some girls because they were under 170. I personally prefer her to be at least 170 but I can be OK if she is little shorter than that. (Not under 165)

What Girls Said 4

• If they are into short girls but defo not too short then they've seen through your heart.

• Nordic people put height upper on list, so there are d. cks who reject a girl under average height but not all.

• I don't know... I'm in Europe too and have never seen that. But then again, the different countries in Europe can be quite different to each other in many ways, including what we're generally attracted to.

• I don't know about other European countries because I have never been there.

• In Finland, althought average woman height is 165, most guys say 175 is the ideal height for a woman. So it may be true.