Is breast reduction a turn off, when needed, on a very slim girl?

At 18% body fat I have huge, saggy, unattractive breasts that are killing my back. I tried strenghtening exercises for my back and they didn't work. My breasts are screwing up my spine. Most guys I know prefer B or C cups, but I'm scared they would be turned off knowing I had surgery on them. I found a good surgeon. If the result are nice perky breasts with minimal faded scars, would you still be turned off knowing your girlfriend/wife had a breast reduction?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want you to forget what the "guys" like or prefer B or C cups, I want you to think about yourself and what do you want? Without you thinking about what others might think, if the answer is "yes" and you've done the thinking that go ahead, if your unsure, since you are and asking here, I would say "no" because your decision is based on other people telling you.

You should know whats best for you but since you are asking here, it tells me that there is a conflict inside you, I would wait up till you have a clear mind on what decision to take.

• I'm still waiting to get all the money for the surgery, so I will use that time to reflect some more. Well, I've always preferred smaller breasts, I find them more attractive and, most of all, think they are less of a nuisance. The back pain and day-to-day problems of big breasts are just too much to handle. I've been dealing with that ever since I'm 12, and it's too bad. Thank you for the kindness :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 1)
    Fuck what guys think, because this is about YOU.

2)
    Guys ACTUALLY don't "prefer" ANYTHING.
    Really, they don't. Especially not as an aggregate ("guys").
    *pssssst* lemme tell you a secret:
    Guys talk a lot of shit, but... at the end of the day, they "prefer" whatever the hell is in front of them.

Here are some statistics:

• Number of quality men who would be with you WITHOUT a reduction, who'd pass on you WITH one:
    0

• Number of quality men who would be with you WITH a reduction, who'd pass on you WITHOUT one:
    0

<3

Yeah.
    Fuck the haters.
    Also, fuck everyone who thinks that men's "preferences" actually are a thing that could possibly make any bit of a difference here. (Hi, @intraluminal)

3)
    See #1.

4A)
    Have you been doing REAL back strengthening exercises?
    I'm talking about sets of 3 to 8 reps, with HEAVY weight, to FAILURE. None of this bullshit 25-reps-in-a-physical-therapy-office stuff. I'm talking about the kinds of lifting that SERIOUS ATHLETES do.

4B)
    Have you been METICULOUS about yr posture?
    I'm talking about developing the kind of kinesthetic awareness where you are absolutely aware of the presence of EVERY last vertebra. You know EXACTLY when you are starting to slouch; you know EXACTLY how many degrees you are out of line; you can tell the difference between "good"/"therapeutic" discomfort and "bad" discomfort; and, most important of all, you understand the trade-off between short-term discomfort and long-term correction of yr posture.

*PLEASE* do not make a final decision until the answers to 4A and 4B are both "YES".

5)
    See #1.

• 1) that's definitely true. Like I said earlier, I often let my insecurities get to me and I think too much about other people's opinions.

2) I never heard a man complain about breast size either (in real life).

I tried heavy weights for about a year at 15 and I found it didn't help much (I already had the back pain... It sucks to think I had it since such a young age). My doctor told me to stop, since I have inherited a lot of spine diseases. I already had them before I even had breasts. Their size worsened them a lot. She told me not to mess with it, as the heavy weights could be damaging. I followed her advice, thats why I'm thinking of the surgery - because there aren't many exercises I can safely do.

I have been very careful of my posture ever since I was diagnosed with orthopedic problems (I'm not a native English speaker, I don't know if you say "problems" or "diseases").

I am very inclined to do the surgery. I have wanted it for years. I might try the exercises.

• Well, it depends on whether you mean "problems" (like scoliosis or lordosis) or actual diseases. Which do you mean?

In any case, if you have substantial medical advice in the direction of having the surgery, then, you should have the surgery.
      Men will really not care much one way or the other. Really, they won't.

• Unfortunately, I mean both. The doctor said it wasn't necessary, but very recommendable, so I think that speaks for itself. Thank you for the support :)

What Guys Said 14

• It's not a turn off. You can't jeopardize your health just to appease some guys.
    Most guys would rather you're healthy with small boobs, than have big boobs, but with your spine all fucked up.

If my girlfriend wanted a breast reduction, she'd have my full support.

• If your back is hurting, you should get the procedure done, your health is most important. Depending on how severe the scarring is may deter some guys

• It fades well and becomes unnoticeable after a year. Thank you :)

• I wouldn't 'go' for a girl who wants body alterations but if it's needed because of back pains, I'm 100% OK with it.

• It's gotten to a point where it's really not much of an option. Thank you :)

• Just remember some girls would die to get breasts like yours. No matter what anyone's 'preference' is , everyone loves big boobs.

• Well, to be honest, they do sag quite a lot, so they're not very good looking. And anyways, I'm doing it mostly to get rid of constant back pain. Thank you :)

• You can see how saaaaaaaaaaad I'll be Lol, but you need to do what's best for you and i'll be supportive. If you are getting a reduction the preference would obviously be at least stop at C. But generally I've had no problem dating anyone with small breasts, at the end breasts are breasts.

Most guys will be understanding and should be no problem. Obviously less scarring the better.

• Absolutely!

• Thanks for the honesty :)

• Hahah well... we always want what we're not born with. (:

Good luck babe. <3 Let me know what happens.

• @redeyemindtricks I will! Thank you :)

• I wouldn't hate on a girl because of her breast size or appearance. It's not a turn off and I don't really care. Besides, your breasts seem to be negatively affecting your health, so it's all good.

• yes we care... what's wrong w/ you? take care of ur health girl

• I obviously wouldn't refrain from getting the surgery because of that, I was just curious. Thanks for answering :)

• i dont know about these things, i would need to see some results on pictures from other women first.

• If they were causing discomfort id rather she had the reduction

• Girl go get that surgery. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself first.

• Fuck boys and fuck beauty standards
    Take care of your health

• Makes sense :)

• Personality, is what I deal with
      Even on the physical level, when lights is off personality is what turn me on

• It's what matters, for sure :)

• Do what's right for you. It doesn't matter what the guys think if it's for your health. That is the first priority over everything else.

• I know, thank you for the answer and support :)

• :D Yay I helped someone

• Ahahah yes you did :D

• I prefer small breasts. I don't care if someone has had cosmetic surgery.

Looks are just looks no more no less.

• I prefer them too, actually. Never got the craze over big breasts. Thank you for answering :)

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think it's a problem at all. Especially if you are suffering, it sounds like it's very much needed.

I think any guy who is going to run away because you have some scaring, is just a jerk. He should be grateful that you are wanting to let him see them in the first place. If a guy criticizes you, leave and never look back!

• I know most guys prefer Ds than any other size. Or large boobs really.
    You'd be losing attractiveness from about 75% of men.

So it's up to you to decide what's more important, being attractive to majority of men or your health.

It's always a sad day when a busty chick gets a reduction though.

• My health will always be more important. All guys think differently and most of all I should think of myself. Thank you for answering :)

• @redeyemindtricks most guys prefer huge tits

• Yah, I understood the spirit of yr comment, lol. (although a *properly fitted* D-cup isn't actually "huge tits" at all)

• I don't think many guys would care. You should do it for you and your health, not hold back because some guys won't like it.

• I would never hold back from it, I was just curious, but my health is always my priority, thank you for answering :)

• Get it. Who the fuck cares about what a dude thinks? It's your HEALTH.

• Id think noone cares about a reduction unleas its like small vs bags under the chest. If its causing you health issues get them done. And are you sure you are doing back strengthening workouts correctly? You could try a trainer.

• I am. My brother actually is a trainer and he helped me out a lot, but I guess they aren't enough in my case. Thank you for your answer, have a lovely day :)

• this is a health and comfort issue
    screw the rest damn it

• I really wish I could be more fierce like you girls, bullying has screwed up my self esteem but I'm slowly recovering and I'm sure the surgery will help. Thank you :)

• no worries ^^
      good lck :)

• Thank you :)

• It shouldn't matter. If it's affecting your health, the opinions of little pissbabies has nothing to do with it. Get the surgery.

• I know it shouldn't, and I will do what it takes to be healthy again. Thank you :)

• Surgery for health and comfort is not unattractive. Surgery for vanity is.