Guys, would you still date a girl if you know that you aren't her 'real' preference?

By preference here more to physical. Would you feel insecure or worthless to be with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• You'd be surprised how many people actually know what their preferences are until they find it. My friends are all married to women who are the opposite of what they always claimed to like. They aren't settling either.

So nah I wouldn't be offended because she wants to be with me.

What Guys Said 32

• I married a girl knowing I wasn't her type upfront, and was old enough to not feel any sense of insecurity. I was convinced I would change her mind and broaden her horizons, and it seems to have succeeded.

Generally a lot of people who try to define a type of guy/girl they want to be with down to very specific details will find that the true types of people they're capable of loving fit a much broader range than what they narrowly defined.

I learned that myself dating a range of women who never quite fit my ideal specifications, often with deviations here and there, only to find that many changed my mind for the better. My list of ideal qualities for a woman became smaller and smaller with each girl I dated.

• if she's dating outside her preference because of you, then... one should be proud to be so special.

• Don't you think they're just settling?

• That's probably one of my worst fears when dating a girl. If I heard that, I'd be heart-broken, and I probably would break up with her.

• Yes. Many people grow closer and have a greater appreciation for each other both emotionally and physically as time goes on. That can't happen unless you date for a while.

• I wouldn't still date her. I could never date a girl who has a problem with my physical appearance..

• She doesn't have problem with how you look. She finds you attractive, It just you look the opposite from what she describes as attractive.

• No I would not, it makes no sense dating someone who isn't your preference.

• Yes I would, "preference" or "type" is nothing more than past data on traits that said person has found attractive.

• Probably not but it would depend on how different I am from her "real type".

• Let's say you're not tall, have blue eyes and brown hair but she likes tall, dark hair and eyes type of men.

• No, she has to be my type for me to consider dating. I'm really binary, either she's my type or not.

• I wouldn't.

• Yes, but only if she's still attracted to me and not just after money/stability, I'm not some f*cking ATM/servant.

• Depends on how much I like this specific girl. For most girls I wouldn't be happy with that. Been there before and it can be unpleasant.

• If she was still interested in dating me despite me not meeting her physically preferences then yes. I'd give it a try and see where it goes.

• Why would she wanna date me if she wasn't attracted to me.

• She is attracted to you but you're someone who look different/the opposite of what she calls attractive.

• That doesn't make sense. Would this be like a white girl who hasn't ever dated black guys but finds me attractive and wants to date?

• No..

• Yes, as long as she is still attracted to me, but if she literally doesn't find me attractive, then I probably won't. The chances of it working out would be pretty slim in today's world of myriad choices being at a girl's fingertips.

• Eh most likey she inst my real presence either so yeah its all about compromise

• If it got sexual, I'd not her. If not, I wouldn't.

• what do you mean?

• Like she has strong preference for the men with dark eyes, skin and hair but you're the complete opposite. Do you think she is settling?

• i wouldn't mind. i have my preferences too but a girl comes along that is not my preference i would maybe choose for her. i dont think it necessarily means that they want to settle though.

• Depends if I think her preferences could change.

• Only to make me her preference, and then drop her.

• Only if I return the "favor"

• I wouldn't date her if I knew I wasn't her preference.. why waste time..

• Nope because she won't appreciate me

• If she's willing to have sex with me everyday, then I'll make her my type.

• of course pussy is pussy

• I would go on dates with a girl that isn't shallow.

• No..

• Maybe...

• Alpha FUCKS/BETA BUCKS. By late 20's women start sacrificing on physical attraction for money, stability and willingness to commit.

cdn-webimages.wimages.net/...4438f44e83bfd4-wm.jpg

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 1

• I'd feel kinda awkward being with a guy if I knew he didn't like how I look, but I think guys don't usually worry about that stuff as much as girls do.

• Because most of the time girls feel insecure comparing themselves to the image that their partner portray to be attractive. I've been there before and it sucks whenever I pass by the girls who possess those characteristics. It makes me think if they're settling.