Why would a guy be too uncomfortable to hang out with a girl friend?

I have a guy friend that I have been close friends with, then lately he's only wanted to just hang out when there was a group of friends around. He then told me that he is just uncomfortable being around me when it's just the two of us. He also said that it has nothing to do with anything I have or haven't done, that its all him. What does this mean? Why is he all of sudden uncomfortable around me? And is he just saying it's not me it's him or is that just him trying to be nice?

We are both single. Nothing has happened. He just told me that it has nothing to do with me and that I haven't done anything wrong, not ever. If it is because he is falling for me, I don't know what to do

Most Helpful Girl

• Is he attracted to you and you aren't attracted to him?

• I'm attracted to him and I am not sure if he is to me

• No he doesn't know that I am attracted to him

• Hmm. I would think it has to be something like that. Like he doesn't want to be alone with you because he's afraid something will happen and he doesn't totally want that. Does that make any sense in your situation?

What Guys Said 2

• did something change? like.. did you recently get a bf, or recently tell him something personal ? maybe that has something to do..

otherwise maybe he's startin to fall for you ?

• We are both single. Nothing has happened. He just told me that it has nothing to do with me and that I haven't done anything wrong, not ever. If it is because he is falling for me, I don't know what to do.

• One thing you can do is slowly lose contact with him.. not entirely but just "let him down slowly" for a bit.. and see what he has to say about that (if anything).. maybe give it a week, and if nothing changes, then just bring it up..

• Hmmm I had a coworker (ex-Good Friend) tell me the exact same thing, except I got her telling me that she couldn't explain why she would feel uncomfortable being alone with me because she didn't think I would know why anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he might have started being a bit attracted to you but does not want to be because he doesn't want to lose his friendship with you. Normally, spending time alone with your crush would only heighten your attraction to him, so he's doing the opposite to not be attracted to you. It might be because maybe one of his friends might be interested in you, so to follow the "brocode" he's keeping his distance.