Would you date someone who rejected you in the past?

For some reason they want you now, but didn't then.
If u feel like explaining, feel free to leave a comment.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe, depends...

Most Helpful Guy

• u better have a dam good explaination and it better make me laugh, or at least smile. if u said no then come back and want to go out with me later... that looks to me like i was not good enough, then something happened and now all the sudden u want to be with me because something changed and im "good enough" for u now. aka u are going to be trouble, and honestly u are setting urself up to be a toy for me as i can't trust u anyway. u are going to have an uphill battle. so u should think about things like this before u turn someone down. and not answering them is still turning them down.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. If they just were not ready had fears or things they y felt they needed to work on etc, I'd give it a go. But if they rejcted me bc they didn't like me or had some problem with me or we had directly different views or wanted very different things, and seeing as im still me..., I'd probably decline. Unless they had changed. It really depends..

What Guys Said 62

• No damn way! I have self respect, I would never want to be with someone who thought I wasn't good enough for her. One possible exception is that, in case she rejected ne because she was with someone else previously, but has now broken up and wants to try if things work with me.

• Possibly. It would depend on why she rejected me before, HOW she rejected me, and why she wants to give me a chance later on.

• Yeah. I mean, if you were under a misconception or I was, then maybe we can try again. However, if for example, they say too many hurtful things (not sure if it depends on uncalled for or justified), then why would I put myself in a postion to get hurt again?

• No. Women should be approached once only. To do more than that can result in a career-ending sexual-harassment complaint.
    It has been made too dangerous for men to do anything else.

• Maybe for a short fling but not for a relationship.

• It depends. Probably not because I'd have moved on already, but life is full of surprises, who knows.

• I would not date someone that rejected me in the past, done it and been burned.

From experience, the women that rejected me in the past. Rejected me because I did not have this and that, or that I was not this and that. Now years later after they have been around the track a few times and been burned, they are looking for all the things they rejected me because of.

No thank you, as I told one female. As I was not exciting enough for you to party with and have a child with when we were younger, I am still not exciting enough and damn if I am now going to help you pay off your debts and raise some other mans kid.

• probably not. cause it probably took me big effort to kill the affection i had for them. don´t want to do that all over again when they realize they where right for rejecting me in the first place... if it´s like very shortly after the initial rejection, i might think about it.

• Unlikely. Only few exceptions like their dad was dead-sick and they just weren't in the mindset to start dating or soemthing.

• Hard to vote between "no" and "it depends".

I'm leaning towards no, I think that no matter what, my mind will always be thinking that i'm a fallback option, and is coming to me because someone she liked more rejected her.

My pride will get in the way! I vote B (no).

• Depending on the severity of the rejection and the amount of time that has elapsed... possibly.
    If i was let down gently because she was interested in someone else at the time and a few months later it crashed, i'd give it a slow start.
    If it was just a hands-in-your-face rejection, regardless of time, and she's interested now, oh im all in... but my intentions will be nothing to write home about.

• i'd reject them with the quickness. you didn't want me then dafuq you want me now for

• depends on how the first rejection went and generally how they treat me. but i wouldn't discount a potential relationship just because they said no once

• No. I am of the simple belief that a no once is a no for life. For her to want to date me now when she didn't want to before pretty much means that I didn't abide by her standards before but somehow I do now? How so?
    Either I am plan B or she wants to settle for me - in either case I stand to lose dignity and pride if I am to accept.

• Depends on the circumstances.

I've been in this scenario in highschool. Liked a girl freshman year, pursued her. She didn't reciprocate and ghosted me eventually. I took the hint and discontinued my action. She liked me, but wasn't attracted. Come senior year, when I'm essentially a new man she came back in the picture when several other girls were involved too. I didn't take her up on anything, because what I wanted changed. She's still a nice girl and if I wanted a girlfriend at the time I might have given her the time of day, but I wanted to have fun.

I don't fault her for not being attracted to a less confident, out of shape me who had pimples all. over my face. But when I became better and my options increased, she became just that to me. An option.

• For the most part I'd so no. They basically told you weren't good enough for them the first time around. They thought they could do better than you and when they were unsuccessful realized how good you were for them.

It's up to you really. How much pride you have in yourself. Because them rejecting you basically confirms that you can do better than them and they don't deserve your affection.

Of course there are always circumstances in which rejection wasn't the case for the break up, instead some other reason. In which case I would heavily consider getting back depending if I still felt the same way about them.

Rejection is never a good feeling no matter how long you were with someone.
    Getting back might resurface old wounds and resentment later for the rejection in the first place.

• Just because they said no in the past, doesn't necessarily mean rejection, but then again, just because they ask you, doesn't mean that I would say yes, because like you said, it was in the past, like my interest in you was in the past.

• Why am I good enough now and I wasn't then?

• no because i moved on

• no, they can kiss my ass

• I know my type and generally my type are really attracted to guys like me so rejections typically are from bad timing to get too involved romantically.
    So yes I would likely

• Depends on how she rejected me.

• Depends on whether i still find them attractive

• Haha nah

• Yes and no. Depends on the nature of the rejection and the length of time between rejection and possible dating again.

• Yeah, I've dated several girls who've rejected me the first time I asked them out. I've noticed that girls are often very skeptical of guys at first, so they'll reject guys who approach them almost out of hand. But the very act of asking them out puts the guy on their radar, and the balls he shows in approaching makes her instantly gain respect for him. So then her attraction for the guy starts to build, and later she comes to like him enough that a second approach is often successful.

• No , because I would have very quickly written her off & forgotten about her , men have to develop harder hearts & learn to move on double quick time , as we deal with the bulk of rejection & most men do have less options than most women. Women are in demand , men are not in the dating world. As per aficionado , I also have self respect , hence I've never been " friend zoned "

• I would as people change over time and would be open to dating someone who rejected me in the past.

• it really depends if its like a shallow rejection fuck that guy if its a im not really looking for a relationship Ok im good if its im already chasing someone else depends on why he wants me now like was he dumped or did he dump that guy or was it something to do with stupid shit

• Nope. To me that would seem as if I must be that desperate to take the one who didn't think I was good enough, yet wants me now. Nah, never gonna happen.

• There's only one person I will go out with

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 40

• If I still like him and if he wasn't a jerk while rejecting me, I'd give him a chance if he gives a legit reason why he wants me now and hell of an effort to prove it.

One guy once led me on and then rejected me claiming how he is gonna move away. Later I found out he was already seeing someone. He eventually came back and wanted me but I said no in a heartbeat.

• It all depends... On why they rejected me, how they rejected me and why they want me now, al of a sudden...
    But mostly no - because it's always a shallow reason...

• Maybe... they would have to fight the hell out for me though to convince me to now date them...

But then again, if I were the one interested in them all the time and they now finally said yes, would I give them so much trouble? i dont know...

you never know.. I've never really experienced this to know, but i guess it can happen either way, i accept them or i dont... it would depend on who the person is and how i felt about them at that give moment/stage that they decided to finally go for me... but i guess at the same time, my ego would be a bit bruised and maybe i'd have too much pride to accept them... I dont know what i would do to be honest.. lol

when it happens, i can tell you, until then... speculate :p haha

• No. Because when I get rejected, I actually get over people, so by the time he regrets it and asks me out, I'll already be over him. If I wasn't good enough then, why am I suddenly good enough now? Because I was is 2nd, 3rd or 4th option and none of the other options fell through? No thanks. I keep the past in the past.

• Probably not

• Depends if they were a dick about it or not.

• Though I doubt that would ever happen, if he suddenly decided he wanted me after I've already put away my feelings for him, he's going to have to work 3x as hard to get me to want him again. After a guy rejects me I go through the pains of forgetting him and dropping all the emotional attachment. Asking me to revive those emotions is going to take a lot of convincing because if he breaks my heart again I'm going to be crushed. I've already dealt with accepting we will never be nothing more, you can't suddenly ask me to start loving you again. It's not that easy. He's going to have to prove, really prove, that he's worth going through all that crap again. And it's going to be me who has to ultimately decide if I want to bother. In the past I have not been able to bring myself to accept them back into my heart and I've walked away. All men aren't entirely the same so it remains to be seen. My vote is a maybe, leaning toward no.

• It depends on the situation. People change all the time. Maybe at the time they rejected you they were in the mindset of having fun and not being committed and felt intimidated by your emotional maturity. I don't think rejection should always be taken so personally.

• Only if it were a complete miracle and the chemistry with them was unlike anything I had prior. Otherwise, fat chance.

If you don't board the Graveytrain when you can, then it leaves the station WITHOUT YOU.

• It depends on the person, the reason and the time that has passed. If the rejected me because they were into someone else, if not with them, no harm no foul. If they rejected me because they weren't comfortable with the idea or didn't want to date or didn't find me their type, no harm no foul. Just because I'm nice and decent doesn't require someone to want to be with me, you know?

Say you skip ahead, past college, you meet after you're both in your careers and join up someplace as an adult with matured tastes and a better formed personality and opinions. They might have learned they really liked your personality and they don't care anymore if a chick is blond or not and really want to give it a shot. Well, if you still dig them, why the hell not? Pride over a many years old slight? Screw that. Life is too short to let pride make you stupid.

• It depends on why the rejection happened in the first place and if I had moved on.

• Yes and when the time is right I dumped him. I've done this and it's a good lesson for him. I've a strong reason for doing this. He rejected me because he found someone who he 'assumed' would be much better than me and after a few months he begged and told me how he was struggling with some 'personal' problems which has nothing to do with the 'third party'

• I probably wouldn't. I would like to know what has changed.

This will probably not work in the long term. I will not recommend it.

B.

• I said depends, but it would have to be an extreme circumstance.

About a 90% no on this one.

• Nooope not really, for me if a guy says he's not interested his doors to me will shut down for ever.
    I don't like being the second option, love and respect myself to much for that. I want a guy who knows that he want me and not wondering if he wants me or not, maybe and depends won't go with me.

• No...

I'm no ones second choice 💆🏻

• Depends on how long ago the rejection was and how harsh it was. Maybe they had different preferences back then. Maybe I was a different person back then.

• It honestly depends on how badly they rejected me at first, and I would want to know why they wanted me now.

• Depends on how they rejected me and things between that time.

• No I'm not dating someone who rejected me in he past. It doesn't depend on anything. If he didn't want me back then, then why should I accept his offer now?

• Heck no. I'm a one chance person. If they didn't want me then what could have changed their mind? I'd have to reject them.

• To be honest, no. Might seem a little arrogant but I refuse to be a second choice. I want to be the girl he likes not the back up girl because his number one choice rejected him. Now if the situation was that there was no possible way for us to be together and the problem cleared up then yes. So I guess my real answer is maybe, depends on the situation.

• I would. I rejected my ex boyfriend two times before we started dating.. So I guess anything could happen xD

• I have too much of a pride. If they dumped me and they rejected me hard, I'd not forgive easily or at all.

• Over my dead body >:(
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    jk I think ones a no is always a no, no matter from which side.

• It really depends. If they were with someone else at the time, or were not at a place in life were they thought they couldn't satisfy my needs. But if they were just being an asshole, then I would definitely be rude AF...

• Most likely no because I'd feel resentful

• No I wouldn't
    My good opinion once lost is lost forever

• personally, i would ideally like to date someone who previously rejected me, but it would be hard to do so without wondering what their intentions are. i guess it all just depends on the circumstance!

• As long as they're still my type and weren't rude when they rejected me the first time, sure.

• More from Girls
    10