I'm 27, this girl I'm attracted to is 19, she real cool and seem mature for her age so far... whats the pros and cons of this 8 year gap?

especially if I wanted to take it far with her... im just asking ahead of time cause I ain't never messed with a girl of that big age difference before, y'all think its cool or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• the thing with age gap is its fine as long as it doesn't affect too much ur reltionship, at least not negatively. some people will have age gap relationship but are too apart in terms of maturity and life goals even if they get along well its doomed. But if its well balanced yes it can work. My boyfriend is 9 years older than me, met at 17, became friends started dating later on at 18, we dont feel the age gap at all and after 1 year it has not been a problem, all our fights were related to other things. so being with someone much younger can be a challenge but if you have the same vision, maturity and willingness can be super nice too.

Most Helpful Guy

• its not that big of an age gap , younger women are looking to date but not necessary that serious , but it can depend on what she's looking for

What Girls Said 2

• Young girls have this obsessive thing - she can get attached to you really fast and may become clingy. May expect cchildren and marriage... Or may get bored of you very soon. Depends on the young girl.

• Many other possibilities, can't think of them now. I do not think it's cool. Let's be clear.

• You won't want the same things. For me as a 19 year old. I don't mind a serious relationship. But kids or stopping education etc or not going out when I want to is not on the table. Know that, she might come across as mature but there's so much for her to learn and enjoy and if you get in the way she may blame you. So all in all, be wary, and take it slow in order to really know what she's about. Some girls seem mature but really aren't.

What Guys Said 4

• @LittleSally said that young girls have this obsessive thing. It's true. Basically a girl her age can get one of those obsessive crushes. If that crush is directed at someone else, you have almost no chance of breaking her obsession and she will not even notice you. If you are the target of her obsession, well, things can get pretty crazy.

I once taught a 1st year university student who was 17, and I was 27 at the time. She somehow got attached to me and would find every reason to visit my office, work in the science lab when I was around, and get me to help her with the lab. She'd lament about going out with friends who were all dating someone, and that she didn't have a boyfriend. The age gap didn't matter to her.

On the other hand, I also dated someone who was 18 when I was 28. So large age gap. In this case, she was not as interested in the relationship as I was. She went to university doing her schoolwork everyday and wanting to go clubbing and drinking on the weekends, while I worked a 9-5 job at a consulting company and was looking to settle down with a house and kids. Didn't work out very well because we were at very different points in our lives.

• I second this, I'm 19 and would definitely be the second girl. We have lots to do and achieve and we want to have fun- rightfully so- we are teenagers

• You're in a different period of your life: she's still studying (or should be), you have a job (or should have one!).
    Very different responsibilities and liberties thus.

• Don't think. Just do it

• Pro: She's naive.
    Con: Her father.