Would you keep dating someone, despite never seeing a future with them?

I mean as a young adult or in your early 30's

I'm asking since im seeing this guy who doesn't seem very serious about me but still keeps dating me?

Also because he dated a girl for 5-6 years and when she asked for more... they broke up.

So is it time to move on... or he may be eventually ready?

Most Helpful Girl

• No definitely not! And if they didn't see a future with me I would hope that they would be honest with themselves and with me about it. Nothing worse than investing so much of your time and energy in a person only to have them basically drop you randomly.

What Guys Said 11

• It really depends on what you're looking for. Some people date becuz they want a non-attached casual relationship, while others want a long term commitment. If you're ever gonna date someone, I do believe that they should be on the same page with you, otherwise it may cause confusion, misunderstanding and pain. So, my answer is, it depends.

• Personally, I really don't bother thinking about the future, anyway. All I really care about is right now. I might make plans for the future, but I don't look there very often. If it feels good in the moment, do it. That's my philosophy on life.

• I continued dating my ex even after I knew we had no future together.
    I wasn't surprised hen she started cheating. I pardoned a few times, helped her out of a terrible mess and then she chose to call it quits.

We were both 19 then.

• Most relationships break down in a ball of agonising pain within a year or two. If I only dated 'the one', I wouldn't date at all.

• No, I won't. It's a waste of time and energy.

• I might, but I wouldn't lie about it. It's fine to just enjoy someone's company while knowing that you are not going to marry them. You just have to be sure the other person knows that too.

• Yes if I really like them, and I have. But, I was also totally honest with her about it and told her so she could decide if she wanted to continue or end the relationship.

• yes, committing a future together should be taken very serious !
    you can't just marry and divorce the next day, it's not a game especially if there were children involved !
    but the most important thing is to be honest, if you don't feel there will be a future or you are not ready for it then you must inform your partner, lifetime is also precious and should be taken in consideration !

• It's a tough question because you have to define what "a future" is. It will definitely mean different things for different people.

But the answer is no, if someone didn't fit my long term goals, plans or dreams, I wouldn't be with her.

• No point just wastes time

• For sex and companionship.

What Girls Said 13

• No, if I didn't see a future with them, I wouldn't be wasting my time OR their time. That wouldn't be fair to either of us.

• No, because I want a mutually committed relationship. I want to be with a guy who I can share the rest of my life with.

• if i'm looking for someone to spend forever with, but don't see a future with you, i'll definitely end it. stringing someone else along is cruel.

• No. That's just a waste of time, effort and the energy. If we aren't in it for the long haul, I'm not interested

• I take it as it comes, if I'm having a great time with someone and I'm genuinely happy with them no way will I stop seeing them. What will be will be

• I remember falling in love with my first boyfriend Eoghan. We had to go our separate ways due to different universities. He went to study abroad in America.
    I can't see myself dating someone other than him!

• nope i won't waste my time

• Yes I would.

• nope, I wouldn't get myself into such situation

• No. What's the point?

• I'm dating someone now that I'm not serious about. That's not what I'm looking for right now.

• I can be a huge moron when I fall for someone, so my answer is "yes".

• i answered your other question about saying i love you.
    he has issues.
    if you want a family, marriage, children, love, etc, and all that. he is not right for you.
    cut your lost and move on.
    you will meet a guy who will give you what you want.