Question for only attractive women: how would you react to a guy you think is hot approaching you simply with "please tell me you don't have a bf?

Again, you think he's attractive when he approaches

• That would definitely work on me
    17% (8)
  • That might work on me
    39% (18)
  • That would not work on me
    44% (20)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
It's such a pain to spend the time flirting only to find out she has a boyfriend

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted definitely work, but it's not what you say that gets you success. If I fancied him then I would respond positively anyway, if I didn't, then he can try as much as he wants and I won't ever fancy him.

It does make you sound a bit needy though.

Girls get frustrated with the same thing, wasting your night on a man with a girlfriend. I don't flirt with others if I have a boyfriend, so I can't understand why people do.

You could just try asking her early on in the conversation. Maybe do it in a jokey way, like "Wow your boyfriend is a lucky man!", then she might say "But I don't have one."

• This is really good thanks

• You're welcome, and good luck!

What Girls Said 20

• I'm not boosting my own ego by answering this lol! But- don't think it would work for me, it would be a laugh but other than that I'd rather him approach and ask me how I am etc. Because I realize that its hard to find out if someone is single and you could not get the answer just from having a casual conversation because you're trying to get to know them.. but none the less.

• It's such a pain to spend the time flirting only to find out she has a boyfriend

• Haha i would laugh it off and brush it off... :p
    As I would think it is just another pick up line... so if he asks me again seriously, i might answer seriously then...

I never thought/realized that a guy asking that as a starting line would actually be serious... as some men are really SUCH jokers. lol

• ps: haha what a funny way to start a question... lol "question for only attractive women" LMAO!! haha that is the only reason i ended up clicking on this question! hahah

I like your humour! (Y) funny ;-)

• Well I don't have a boyfriend, but I have a husband! :D lol.

Saying "please" makes you sound a bit desperate or that you won't take it very well if she says she has a boyfriend. I think asking straight up if she has a boyfriend is better, in my opinion.

• Lol ok yeah I meant please jokingly

• It sounds too desperate to me. If a hot guy is approaching me, I would want him to play it cool and actually start a conversation about something he notices about me. Hint: jewelry such as earrings or a necklace I'm wearing.

• I would remind him that I have a boyfriend and that I'm not interested.

• What if you were single

• Uhh.. If I were single and he approached me with that kind of line, it still comes across as pretty desperate.

• Um I don't know really, I happen to like the whole flirting process :( Why is it a pain? I probably wouldn't appreciate someone who's too lazy to have a conversation with me first.. Besides, most girls don't flirt when they DO have a boyfriend, they just answer you politely and send "I'm unavailable" signals.

• To be honest, maybe.

Depends on how my night is going.

• it's more confident to say something casually in conversation (after standard "hi how are you") like "so where's your boyfriend?" or "how long have you been with your boyfriend?"

less desperate/needy

• I'm not sure if I'm attractive enough to answer this :x

• Lol "question is for only attractive women" honestly that's some bullshit right here because people have different opinions on what's attractive. There can be a girl who a lot of people find hot but there's still gunna be people who think she's ugly. With your attitude I would definitely not date you. And no I wouldn't date someone approached me like that, too blunt. You gotta start slow with simple flirting and try to get to know each other a little before you ask something like that. That would creep me out especially if I didn't know the guy and he was a complete stranger. I don't care if you're hot or not wouldn't work on me.

• I think it depends on the attitude he uses. If he seems upset or bothered, it wouldn't work. If he was smiling or saying it in a joking manner, I would probably like it.

• Probably chuckle 😂😂 But probably tell him no thanks.

• Because only attractive women have guys THEY THINK are hot approach them with such questions, I'm going to honor this question with an answer for scientific accuracy.

I would find his statement creep as fuck and be turned off immediately. I'd say "Thank god I do" and then laugh about it with my friends when I leave him sulking over it.

• ahahaha nice one, to be frank, that's a fun way to start a convo, there's nothing wrong with accepting a compliment/ flirting from guys, as long as its between boundaries, I think that's a cuute line to say and sexy if it was in a nightclub, bar, party etc.. but yeah I'd laugh and say the truth, oor, I'd say what if I did? (have a bf) and then get the convo going from there

• *Might* work if he was super attractive and not creepy.

• It wouldn't exactly work on me. I'd just chuckle and go about my way.

• It really depends lmao

• it's a funny way to approach, but hey, if I think he's attractive, why not?

• It might work. Depends on how it's said and in what context.

• I would just think he want to fuck me. Like every guys who said that in the street. so it's not working