I AM 16 and in 10th grade! Would it be okay for me to date an 8th grader?

please don't delete this question. I am 16. I'm in 10th grade. not 8th grade. I met this girl a few months ago. We talked a little bit, but nothing serious or anything. But recently, like today. She started texting me and texting me and texting me and TEXTING ME, she still is now actually. I'm a... Show More

btw, her friend is in 7th grade, and she's dating a 12th grader. lol

but her friend looks like she's 15-17.
oops. I meant 11 grader. But still that's kinda bad.,

Most Helpful Girl

• ...Okay...

This my opinion so don't feel offended if I happen to say something that you may not agree with. =)

I think she is too young, honestly. Yes it is only two years difference, which isn't bad considering the fact that you aren't after a ten year old. But most kids at that age just date, to have a boyfriend because they think its the "cool" thing to do.

She may very well like you, but I think she still has a bit of growing up to do, if you are looking to share a serious relationship with her. If you also just want to date her, to have a girlfriend then I suppose that is alright? But make sure first what she wants so that you do not end up leading her on and breaking her heart.

I believe both of you should just enjoy life and have guy, and girl friends, but not literally dating in a sense. I made a decision for myself to not date while I was in high school and it has honestly saved myself a LOT of heartbreak and nights in front of the tellie watching titanic and eating a bunch of ice cream. =)

The age difference is okay, so I find no issue with that. But don't just date, because you want a girlfriend. You should make sure you actually LIKE her, and not because the other girl in your grade doesn't like you and you know you are "safe" knowing this grade 8 likes you. If you date someone, you must never be ashamed of her. So who cares what people are going to say about you two dating because of what grade she is in. That is their own immaturity.

I hope you make the right decision. Good Luck.

• Still not sure. I'm still chasing after the girl in my grade(not literally). :/

best answer yet. :)

• Well I think you should sit back and relax about it. There is really no need to rush into it so don't stress.

Everything will straighten out in the end!

• I wouldn't be so sure. Things don't just work out like that. Especially since a bunch of guys like the girl in my grade also.

I have a feeling it's just gonna end out just like last time... I'll still be single.