Is he ignoring me bc he's mad or is he just not interested anymore?

So I've been talking to this guy for about a month now. I thought things were going great , he was constantly flirting with me , showering me with compliments and even asked me out on a date last Friday. I told him I couldn't make it but looking back I may have been a bit too vague as to why I couldnt so he might have thought I was blowing him off. He seemed upset but he played it off and we rescheduled it to the next day. He wanted us to meet for lunch but nothing definite was set. Well lunch time came around and he was nowhere to be found. I had other plans and I wasn't about to wait around for him so I just left without texting or calling him at all. But then he calls after about 2 hours and tells me he wants to watch a movie. By then I had already made other plans so I told him I couldn't make it. He said it was cool so I thought we were on good terms. But after that day, he changed completely. He still responds to my texts but he's not as flirty as he was before and I have a feeling he doesn't want to talk anymore. I mean he suddenly stopped joking around with me and started giving me one word answers for everything. I asked him if he was mad, and he just answered 'why would I be '. I really like this guy so this is a bit dissapointing for me.
So is he mad or is he just not interested anymore? Should I keep texting him even if he's being cold or is that just being clingy? And if he's mad how do I fix this?

What Guys Said 2

• When he's bored , u can really not do anything to fix it OP lol

• He might be retarded.

What Girls Said 1

• I remember when my ex was mad at me and would deny it. So i just start teasing him about it. Like: "mad boy pft." Then i keep asking him, " you mad? You mad? You mad?" And on, to annoy him. Haha then he finally gave in and told me blah blah blah
    Just try to make him laugh i guess