Do single moms end up with a good man?

It seems to be a curse. It's like once you're a single mom, date life becomes a disaster. Not only because majority of your times goes to your kid but because, once you have a child by another man... you're damaged goods! Is this true?

It seems like it automatically puts you in a category of a bad statistic #unwanted. Do single moms ever end up with a good man that's good enough to marry or do they, constantly, battle with unstable relationships because they are not worthy of being treated well?

OK for the majority of these opinions, I should just give up on finding a good man. Really a good man sees a what's in the heart of a good woman, so it wouldn't be a problem if I have kids. I dated men with kids when I had none bc I'm a good woman who likes to see what's truly in the heart of the person I love. Most of these opinions seem negative which people, naturally, wish bad things for the next. I feel like some of these opinions were harsh and not honest as they were claimed to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• My take on this ,

The girls who are single parents most of the time are so cayse the father is an ass, and is now considered a accident or a mistake. The once loveable bad boy and player is now showing his true colors and you are finally seeing it.

This is where the good guys comecome in readying their white Knight armor abd white horse. Ready to show you all is well, he will take care of you. The single mother finally wises up now that it's them AND their kid they need to look out for and they finally date that one nice guy lol.

Inb4saltypost. I seen this happen a lot so this is from experience. For more proof join the site/app meetme lol

• Lmao good one

• Lol thanks. I swore to not date a single mother after my last girl. Baby daddy was nuts, and she always tried to make it look like it's not her fault she got pregnant, but his. Every time I told her it take 2 to tango in CONSENSUAL SEX, she always got mad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do, some don't. I don't have any kids and my dating life is a complete disaster lol, but that's because there aren't quality men where I live. Hell, there aren't quality women, either. I really want to go back to my hometown. A lot more positive vibes there. I only moved her because of my job and it sucks. Ever since I got here, my dating life has been horrible.

What Guys Said 18

• I'd like to think so. I mean, my fiance had a kid before I came along, and I'd like to say I am a good person. If I may make a suggestion, try eHarmony, and put yourself out there, the real you. Be 100% up front about what you want from the relationship, and don't settle for anything less than what you and your child deserve. If he dodges around stuff or makes half-promises, ignore him. He's got to be in it for the right reasons, and if he isn't on even one reason, then move on from him.

• Depends on what the definition of a "good" man is. No guarantees. It may happen or it may not happen. Some guys out there maybe open minded about it and wouldn't really care if the woman already have kid (s) or not from either a prior marriage, relationship, etc. Others, not so much as they just don't want to be with a single mother.

• Some do, others don't meet a good guy.

• Sometimes they do, but it depends a lot on luck and her backstory. Is she uneducated and got a kid when she was 17 years old and with a deadbeat loser? Or is she mature and divorced with the father still supporting the child in some way?

• This might sound weird as hell but... Iv been divorced for 3 years and my ex wife has my kid and she also has a great guy in her life who she's about to marry. so it can happen but i understand if it seems rare.

• Nice people will tell you no. I'll tell you the truth.. if you're a 8/10.. and you're a single mom you just lowered yourself to a 4/10 in the dating game. If you're a 3/10 and then become a single mom then your rating would be best described in integers.

• To keep it real, it is harder for a single mom to find a "good man", because most "good men" would prefer to have a woman without children to start his family with. Most "good men" don't want to inherit children that aren't his.

• Depends on the woman

• yup they do, if they're lucky

• Most guys don't want to date someone with a kid, unless maybe they have one of their own, or theyre an exception.

• Tbh, they are one of the least likely group to get a good guy. But, don't lose your hope.

• No. They get chumps with little to no self respect, who are happy to clean up someone else's mess and happy to have someone else's scraps.

• Yes you're damaged goods. But there's lots of desperate guys out there who would take anything. Just take the most flattering pictures you can of yourself and put them on dating websites. Simply due to the fact that you are female, you will get many responses. Some of them may even have good jobs.

• Its possible, but obviously having kids is deal breaker for A LOT of guys.

• if i had no children i would not date a woman who already has children.

• Ever? Yes I've known single moms who met and settled down with right guys.

Is it harder? Yes.

• Good man? I think they generally end up with divorced men with kids too. I guess there are good divorced men and not so good.

• Reruns

People don't change, you left the man you left but you'll go back to another who is just like him for two reasons: 1. those are the only sort of guys who want you and 2. those are the only sort of guy you are honestly attracted to
    Hope your first choice was a good one. It's the only choice you can make.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think that all single moms end up with a good men, probably some of them do. It is not about being a single mom or not, it's about being a good woman.

• Yes they do, but not on gag. In the real world, yes. I was a single mom and fortunate enough to find an amazing man who adopted our daughter. He is great and we are really blessed and he loves her just as much as he loves our other children. He is the only dad she has ever known. Keep your head up and weed through. There are men out there who will not mind at all.

• Awesome! This is what I needed to hear. A little bit of hope to feel better. I'm trying to find my happiness while being single and it's a struggle.

• Awesome. Congratulations on a good love life

• I think it does go against them in most cases. A lot of men dont want a woman with baggage. Or they dont want to raise another man's kid. I have a young friend at work she has 2 kids by 2 different men. Never been married. She is a sweetie... and very attractive. But all she can get is guys who want to hookup with her.

• Smht that's so sad. Hopefully having one child isn't terrible..