Would you date a guy with no friends?

we been talking and he's pretty perfect in every aspect... Except he works a lot 50/70 hours 5 days a week. But we been talking and want to date. Something told me to ask because he said on his days off he does errands and hang with family. So I asked if he had a lot of friends or male guy friends he said No except his partner who he drives trucks with for his job

First that strikes me as odd and weird. Second that concerns me! I feel like he might make me his whole world and depend on me for stuff like he's a homebody and I gotta plan fun stuff. I've heard many things about guys who have o friends.

do I have a right to be concerned?
advice?
help?

i asked him why he doesn't have friends he said because there married or have girlfriends or they stopped talking to him.

oh and he's six months younger than me

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your over thinking it. He stated he has friends but they are married, then thats going to eat up a lot of their time, he works a lot so that eats up a lot of his time. So when both parties have only a little time and their schedules prevent them those times from synching up then thats obviously going to cause distance. I wouldn't really be all that concerned if thats the only issue. If their where other ones, then yeah it could be an indicator of social awkwardness (but then he seems to be talking to you fine) or some kind of issue but if this is the only red flag I would presume that the reason is benign. Give it a shot see what happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I'd date a guy who had no friends. There's many good reasons why he doesn't have friends. It doesn't mean he's a bad person or unlovable. I'd judge him by his character not by how many friends he has or doesn't have.

Although, I'd probably judge him based on the company he keeps. So I'm more likely to judge him based on his choice of friends rather than having no friends at all.

I'd give him a chance. Get to know him. Having no friends doesn't mean he won't make a great potential boyfriend.

What Guys Said 12

• Concerned yes, but I had few friends and I'm fine. He just may not have time. Question is if he is socially capable. You can encourage him to find friends.

This alone is not an issue, but may be a sign.

Now stopped talking to him... that might be an issue. he could have personality issues that make him not a good friend. like he is a narcissist, not trust worthy, user, abuser, etc.. If that is the case, then run 'cause you aren't gonna fix that.

• Your concerns make sense, but maybe you're overthinking it. Give him a chance, the reason he gave you about not having friends makes sense too.

• I don't have any guy friends that I see on a regular basis - largely because I only moved to this area a few years ago and all my old friends had moved away. Similar reasons to the ones your guy gave. I do have guy friends that I know in person but talk to online.

So yeah, the close friends I have are all female.

• Depends on the reason why he has no friends, if its because he's a dick then no, if he's been burned too much in the past by people then its understandable or if he never had the opportunity to learn how to make friends because of hardships or constant moving growing up, also understandable, im not gay, just pointing out the numerous reasons he as to why he is friendless, his personality is a major participant as to why he has none, could be a harmless reason, could be a sad one, or could be a messed up bad one

• Your concerns are valid, but baseless at this point. Him being a year younger/older than you is irrelevant. Besides, don't ask him why he has no friends. Don't take it the wrong way, but you barely know him, it's none of your business.

Take one step a time, if you think he's worth it. Get to know him, don't rely on silly exaggerated stories you hear.

• You are overthinking this. Men are far less social than women & need a lot more solo time than you ladies , women form ultra close friendships with each other that men never do. I'm a FT working single dad , I do have some friends from work , mainly female , but no really close friends... sadly they are all deceased.

• No friends is sort of a raise for concern. I got like 3 real friends and a shit load of acquiaintences

• No, because I'm not gay.

But you should know that guys aren't as social as females. We don''t maintain contact with people just for the sake of it.

• What stuffs would he depend on u for if he can alrdy take care of himself as u can see now. Exaggerating much i see.

• not a chance fam

• Well... I'd date a girl who has no friends.

• I have no friends.

What Girls Said 9

• Be concerned but it's not a deal breaker. I don't have friends. I have acquaintances. But I have a tendency to be bullied and picked on by people. So I would say him not having friends shouldn't be a deal breaker. Just really find out the reason why he has no friends.

• Nooo I'm like him too. I'm a homebody and I def spend way more time with my family than friends. No a relationship I'm not clingy at all, I like and need my personal space. And a homebody doesn't stay home all the time, I still like to plan fun stuff for us to do.

• So if a guy has no friends he's not considered date able? Hmm interesting logic, it's not that serious or something to be conserned about honestly.

• You know what I did when I dated a friendless guy? Make him get friends. I took him to hang out with mine and soon they all liked him.
    Only downside was when we broke up I lost half of my friends. If only he would have so much as wanted to talk to me after, maybe the group wouldn't have had to split that way...

• ABSOLUTELY... its my dream :)
    ie: I wouldn't have to tolerate introductions to his friends that idgaf about.

• No that's worrisome

• Yes I would date a guy who had no friends. I also don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

• You are way over thinking it!

Many of us are loners in the real world, just how it is.

• I think there's a difference between no friends because he's an idiot and friends tend to leave him and no friends due to bad ircimstanxes. Give him a chance and figure out which type he is.