Boyfriend told me I'll be a great mother?

My boyfriend and I were talking about our careers and such when he just randomly tells me that I'll be a great mom. I'm only 17 so thats not something you hear often at this age. I don't know how I should feel about that, I took it as a compliment, but someone explain what he possibily meant by that

Most Helpful Guy

• In all probability, it was just that, a compliment. No meaning behind it. Almost always you can take what a guy says at face value. Women tend to speak with hidden meanings but guys generally don't. Some exceptions yes but for the most part don't over think it.

Most Helpful Girl

• he might be considering marrying you and planting his seed in you so you can carry his children. glad you took it as a compliment. even if y'all don't get married it's still really sweet that he'd picture you that way. maybe ask him. I'm sure he probably was thinking ahead about your lives together since he kinda stated it randomly, I mean it wasn't like you deliberately asked for his opinion. he was probably inspired by something you did that made him realize he should let you know :) *sighs because cute*

What Guys Said 5

• You guys had intercourse yet?

• Could mean a few things, he could be saying it to put points in the bank the next time he makes you mad, or more likely he means it as a genuine complement and may possibly picturing a future with you in it if it goes well, which is a pretty good thing

• I think he thinks your nurturing
    That's cute
    I'd chill
    Guys say shit, I know j am one

• it dont mean anything

• 1. A compliment, that you're a good person and would raise children well.
    2. He wants points to sleep with you
    3. He thought its a compliment you would like to hear

What Girls Said 13

• He's probably thinking about a future with you. My ex would bring up random things that would suggest us getting married at some point. I didn't think much of it at first, but when we broke up I realized that when he said those things it was because he was looking at our future. *complicated break-up*

Guys imagine futures with their gf's just like girls do.

• He wants you to be his mama!

• Saw your age.. saw this title.. You know what.. you're too young to be talking bout stuff like this. You're a child yourself. Though one day I hope for your sake a very very very long time from now I'm sure you'll be a great mum. But for now think about something else.

• I'm guessing it either means he's actually thinking about a future with you or he's thinking that whoever will be you're husband in the further will be lucky to have. Only he can know what he's thinking.

• maybe its because you have that "motherly aura"

• Looks like someone already planned out your future lmao

• Sounds like he wants you guys to have a kid..

• He thinks you have good maternal instincts.

• You should take it as a compliment.
    It means he wants to have kids with you and trusts you.

• You have a caring personality

• He she's a potential future with you

• He probably meant in the future :) haha don't stress out

• He probably doesn't mean anything serious by it, he's just thinking about the future. But looking at it from an outside perspective, I find it a little weird to be honest