Does looking younger than your age have an impact on your dating life?

Does looking younger than your age have an impact on your dating life? People always tell me that I look 15, when I am 21 and I have never been approached by a guy before, had a boyfriend, or been asked out. I don't know what I should do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It impacts you from dating someone shallow, I suppose, in some cases. Solid relationships generally evolve out of: "not how you look, but who you are".

Don't use age as an excuse, it really comes down to confidence (which is desirable) and willingness to put yourself out there. Complaining that a certain factor is preventing you shouldn't be how you live your life, honestly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, sometimes I look younger than my age and sometimes its weird however I don't think its ever changed my dating life. I think you can always look mature in different ways whether it's make up or clothing x

What Guys Said 18

• I look younger than my age and it helps me, but it might have the opposite effect for you. Maybe you should hire a fashion and beauty consultant to help you find a more mature look.

• Same with me! im 23 and people think i'm 16 or 17, I feel like its affecting my dating life too.. because girls mostly like older guys, also cause i have a bit of shyness which does not help my appearance. I also never had anyone :( and i have felt alone for a long time... .. it affects me at work too my boss and co-workers think i'm a child working there and every single time i get to know someone; I have to tell them i'm 23 lol... I look very young and i am stereotyped as irresponsible or unexperienced. (does not help for work interviews either)

• Just let everything happen naturally. I have been told multiple times I have a baby face but I think now I look my age. Maybe get to talk to some guys that are your age to talk to and hopefully you can tell them then! I don't think you should do anything about it it's a good thing you look younger to be honest :) good luck!

• well what do u do? what do u look like? i mean if u spend all day in ur room and or are fairly ugly... well there is ur answer. also younger guys especially it seems are getting more feminine so u know equality and all that and step it up and ask a guy out. also if u are in ur room u have to leave first ;). bars and clubs are not good places. pick up a hobby and find someone who likes things u do.

• Usually it's the opposite problem. Generally no one worth a crap wants to date an old fart unless they are rich. Your problem will most definitely fix itself in 10 years (don't know of any 30yo that looks 15). Just wait and find other hobbies until then. Or use your perceived problem and turn it into an asset. Plenty of porno producers are looking for 21yo's that could pass for jailbait for their movies.

• Yes. It makes it easier to get the girls in the age bracket I'm interested in (late teens to 26) if they think I'm 26-28, as opposed to my actual 37.

• I think it must. I just asked a woman out that's probably in her late 40s or early 50s because she's gorgeous. She looks like she's in her early 40s.

• Sitting around waiting isn't very productive, that's all

• I've been told I look older
    People typically assume I'm closer to like 22 then 18
    That can be advantageous, until they find out ik 18
    Then it sucks

• People are usually a bit dramatic with that whole you look __, it's probably not that bad.

• For girls, I don't think so, but definitely for guys. Girls don't want to date a guy looks like their little brother or worst yet, their son. I have the problem.

• If look 15 because of a potato face then that sucks but if u have defined features and yet look 15, pack your bags for Hollywood

• I look younger than my age and I don't think it has an impact.

• I get that all the time I'm 34 and people tell me I look like i'm 18

• Haha I mean I would say you look mid 20's from your pic but yeah nice one :D

• @frozenhorizon cause that's when everything good was happening

• I had everything then now I don't have shit I mean I got everything that I need now but not all that I had back then

• Show yo id

• I look like I am 17 still but I am 22

• People think I'm in high school.

• Yes it means you'll date a lot of pedophiles.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. When I was in my 20s I had old guys trying to pick me up because they thought I was still in high school. As you get older it's a plus because you look younger even when older and men tend to be attracted to that.

• I've been told I look between 15-20 and I'm 24 atm. Never had issues having guys come up to me so I don't think that's a problem.

• Yes. Immensely. And it's fecking annoying.

• I wouldn't know. I don't look younger than my age.

• When you get older, it will serve you well.