Is it okay to be friends with someone else's ex?

Can I be friends with my friends ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• It might strain your relationship with your friend. I wouldn't like it. Where's your loyalty

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. No matter the situation if you were friends with their ex it would make your friend uncomfortable on some level. Whether it is her worrying about you and her ex hooking up, or the fact you are still seeing her ex when she is trying to get over them or maybe she isn't fully over them and hearing about him will prevent her from getting over it. For any of these reasons, I am sure it would definitely make her feel more at peace and like you are completely loyal to her if you weren't friends with them and really, why do you need to be? There are a lot of cool people out there to hang out with there is no reason to make someone feel bad just to hang out with a person. You could be friends with anyone, why her ex?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. Dating their ex is another story for another time.

What Girls Said 1

• Personally, I wouldn't. I view it as crossing a friendship boundary. It's a friendship code. I'd put my friends feelings above her exes. My loyalties are towards my friends , not their exes.