Should I ask him out?

I met this guy at my univ while waiting for my adviser. I sort off started the convo by asking about his design model and in the end I asked for his number. He said if I need any help with the registration tomorrow to talk to him. and that s what I did haha. I talked to him at 6 am and he was nice enough to reply and all.
anw now since I have his number, can I ask him out for coffee or smthng? I mean he s a smart dude and I wanna chat more. But I am afraid he has a girlfriend or smthng cs last time I wanted to ask someone out turned out he had a girlfriend :p
Also I don t want it to sound like a date/date, I just want smthng casual.

Most Helpful Guy

• Good job asking for his number! I love that! Of course you can't know yet if he has a girlfriend, but there's nothing wrong for asking him if he wants to get a coffee. Very casual, and you two could meet somewhere. If he says he doesn't feel comfortable doing that 'cause he has a girlfriend then you have to admire his honesty and fidelity. (And that's NOT a rejection of you!) Or, if he agrees to have a coffee or drink, and it comes up in convo that he's involved then you'll find out that way. There's just no way of knowing yet. But if he's unattached you'll rock his world by calling him up. How would he not want to meet up with a girl as pretty as you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah just tell him you wanna thank him with a cup of coffee for being so nice and helpful to you the other day. There's no reason why he would decline that! :D

What Guys Said 21

• I think you are on right track - Ask him out for a coffee on a casual basis as friends and through these series of contacts - If you know people he knows or social media contact plus interaction with him, you will find out if he is single or not - There is no harm in trying, if he is attached or not - Most guys/girls would drop it into conversation early to avoid confusion - It is a simple analogy, if you never leave your home, you will never be hit by a car but on the flip side you will never go anywhere new which could be to your benefit - I don't see any particular issue with your approach.

• So far it has been good, so he likes you. So ask him out for coffee. During coffee you will talk and learn a lot about him. And he will not think badly of you in any case over something as innocent as coffee. It is win-win! Go for it, girl!

• Ya go for it, coffee is nice and neutral. This one should be easy to get into because you both have a mutual interest/goal. Don't worry about the girlfriend thing, i mean at worst you make a new friend (altho not sure you need anymore from ur last question lmao)

• What I sometimes do is make a joke like "oh, does your guy find ik okay if you do that?"... as a trick to know if they're single or not :D
    Or you can say "haha if you stay so nice, next thing I'll ask you out D " and see how he reacts!
    If you feel like it, do it. Don't waste chances to become happy :D

• Well if he has facebook or anything you could check his page and see if he's with someone since mostly everyone puts their entire life on social media now a days lol.

And well yeah you can ask him out if you want to lol, I mean you have his number so why not right?

carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
    Right?

Um if you don't want it to sound like a date maybe say you wanna chat or pick his brain about something I'll leave it to you to think of something lol.

• I already did hahaha
      all clear but I am still wary :P
      anw yea true true

• exactly! they keep motivating you ^^

• I am guessing he is a student as well. You should ask him if he wants to study with you and you can help each other get university work done. After a while you could just say to him "Hey, I am going to grab a coffee do you want to come?" Even if he has a girlfriend coffee is reasonably harmless and that is his decision anyway.

• Going for a coffee with someone is entirely harmless, even if they have a partner already. Go for it!

• Atta girl! I'd make up your mind if you want to date him or just do some as friends thing. You should probably make it sound like a date and get the girlfriend thing out of the way or just ask if he does.

• it will be weird to ask him if he has a girlfriend xD
      just like thta hahaha

• Easier for me because im not usually paying that much attention I guess.

• yea makes sense

• Did you ask him if he is single lol... Start testing him now a ask him...

If he is already taken don't worry I am here you know :-P

• Go get the D sarah!!

• Ask "do you have a girlfriend."

• Tell him.. u have some queries.. so, can we meet and discuss at some coffee shop... and after going to coffee shop just keep diverting the subject topics to romance :P :D it's that simple ;)

• go, get the D!

• Go for it ;)

• Yes.. Just Do it 😝😭

• You won't know until you ask him

• You should go for it. :).

• Go for it life is short live a little get out of your comfort zone

• Better hit that 😘

• Bust it open for a real 1

• I really wish it didn't always have to fall on the guys shoulders

What Girls Said 5

• Just drop a text and say "Hey , do you wanna go get a coffee sometime after uni" as simple as that. It doesn't indicate date nor does it make you sound desperate or coming on to strong. If he agrees bare in mind he still may be taken. Get to know him when your having a drink. Drop little hints or questions to see if he has a girlfriend.

• but I don t think he s taking summer like me.
      he has an internship so I can t tell him come have coffee after univ.

• Listen to me then 😇 lol preaches

• hahaha yaas :P

• hmm... Maybe say hey my friends like to drink coffee on Monday want join us.

• go for it

• Yes, you should ask him to hang out.

• You could say you had some more questions? Or something like that. And ask him if he wanted to talk about them over coffee.