Honestly, Are guys more afraid to be rejected by smart/overachieving girls or good looking girls?

• Smart/successful girls
  • Good looking girls

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe neither. Probably worst is being rejected by a girl who lacks neither of these qualities, I imagine.

You kind of prep yourself for failure if you go after a beautiful, intelligent, successful woman. It's like, "Ah, I gave it a shot."

Often young guys are intimidated by those girls they develop a crush on, who might often be more like "next-door-neighbor" types if they're still doing that whole silly crushing thing.

That said, guys don't seem generally attracted to smart, successful girls unless they're fairly good-looking. That's not to say they don't *want* a smart, successful girl, but simply that it's not the quality that *attracts* them so much as qualities like looks and charisma.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 81

• Out of the 2, attractive girls. But the worst isn't either of those, but getting chewed out and embarrassed by said girl

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmP1ier3R30&app=desktop

Usually not this bad, but happens more often than most girls think

• How do we know that video is all real? Even if it is the sample size is extremely small. But I mean walking by someone on the street is not the best place to try talking to someone either way :P

• Lol my phone is jacked. And I don't proof read 😂 Which I should start doing! Hahahahah

• @This_is_my_username I hate autocorrect ๐Ÿ˜ญ. I don't usually care enough on this site to proofread either, but it's definitely a good habit to have.

• A guy who knows how to identify the women who likes the kind of guy he is doesn't get rejected very often.

Rejection is a symptom of ignorance and inexperience.

• Yeah I agree, I mean there's also just paying attention to someone's non-verbal communication as well before trying to get anywhere with them

• @frozenhorizon
      As a guy, look for that hair flip! If you see it, you've got her.

• Attractive girls are more intimidating to approach.

I feel like smart succesful girls are more likely to be condescending and bitchy when reject me but you dont know how smart or acomplished someone is until you approach them and beauty is what intimidates me more when it comes to approaching.

• They're not always exclusive... I would think a lot of the women i have been interested in have been smart, reasonably successful and beautiful. I voted A - because it feels more like a personality flaw if there's no
    match.

• I stopped fearing rejection almost 30 years ago. I simply stopped approaching women, because I reached the conclusion that the reward (if it could be called that) was not worth the effort.

• Good looking is a basic requirement because it endures genetic compatibility

But if someone smart tells you that you're not worth dating that just stings

• guys are afraid of being rejected by anyone.

• no. guys are afraid to be rejected period. doesnยดt matter what or who she is, if we fall for them and get rejected it hurts always the same.

• I'm more afraid of being rejected by a mean girl.

• I said B an offer an opinion. Good looking girls did not earn their looks and develop an entitlement mentality just like welfare queens. Successful girls who earned their accomplishments CAN decide you have what they need, even if you are generally marginal. But you have to have something they need and be at peace with your place in life. Margaret Thatcher is an example.

• I said A because there was not a C (doesn't change a thing) and I wanted my 2 xper points.

• I sort of hate this question for suggesting that these two types are mutually exclusive, that smart girls can't be good-looking? Doesn't reflect reality in my world, my friend.

I wouldn't be afraid of rejection by good-looking girls because I am trained to expect that. If I was rejected by an ugly girl (that's what you meant, right?) it would be more hurtful i. e. "I can't get an ugly girl."

• B
    Makes sense
    If they have a brain, less change to be rejected
    Good lookers are a mix of brains & power by only looks, ergo some may willy nilly make rejections on whim or how they feel

• Rejection is the same, we just have to take our chances and hope for the best.

• Not afraid. You just have to accept it

• I got rejected recently by a smart over achieving girl and hot... smh. Anyways i used to think i was scarred but in reality i am just picky AF.

• Easily smart successful girls. Rejection is a part of life though. It doesn't mean that person is somehow better than you.

• No lol those types are the only ones I've been with, so why would I be afraid of them or getting rejected by them? it's all the same.

• Most guys are pussies and don't wanna approach of rejection. Its terrible. Just approach girls boys. Grow a pair for once.

• definitely a lesbian

• Only ones I would ask are good looking girls, I don't think most guys want to ask out Gollum. As far as smart/overachieving I doubt I would have been around them long enough to definitively tell.

• Id be afraid of being rejected by both, because the overachieving girl would probably be intense and want a man as overachieving as she is with a HUGE ego about her intelligence...

But still Id be more afraid of being rejected by the good looking girl more because chances are she might think Im out of her league, or will already have a boyfriend.

• Honestly it depends on what the guy cares about. Whatever he finds more appealing or attractive he be more afraid of getting rejected by. For me that's the smart /successful girl.

• For me, i'd be humiliated more than afraid if i was rejected by girls who had neither of these.
    I'd only see it as a loss if I'm rejected by a girl I liked, nothing more. A loss for me, and a loss for her.

• Physical attraction is likely the only thing I can go on immediately, so I'll have to choose that one. I think I would be more upset if a successful girl dumped me though.

• Smart girls that I know (who aren't really attractive) aren't really very confident and I doubt I'd be intimidated or afraid at all.

• Neither. I'm not impressed by overachievers, and one person's definition of "smart" can fall short of what it really is for me.

• Smart girls love me... maybe because I'm dumb. 3.bp.blogspot.com/.../Democrats.gif

• Society and the feminists tell us to pick the first one. But evolution and natural selection tell me to pick the second option.
    I'm more worried about the hot chicks than the "successful ones". If she were really successful she'd be hot anyway.

• Im not and never have been afraid of rejection people take it to personal and not at just a face value thing i feel

• More from Guys
    51

What Girls Said 20

• I would feel a guy would be more intimidated by a smart girl later on because he will not be able to manipulate her or trick her into doing what he wants. I'm not saying all guys are like this, but there are guys who love dumb good looking girls.

• If you get rejected by a Smart/successful people a lot, then that would make you question your intelligence.

If you get rejected by Good looking people, then you question your own looks.

• Guys are afraid of rejection full stop. Regardless of a girls IQ or looks.

• @Shorty1991 I think women fear rejection much more than men.

• @Shorty1991 I've heard that explanation too.

• @ManOnFire I don't do anything to entice them either. It just happens to be like that. Talk about being unlucky. Lol.

• wait a minute...
    if the guy is approaching the girl, doesn t it mean he s attracted to her as well regardless of her IQ?

• Haha the good looking ones for SURE!

• Easy good looks men don't really get hard and all butterfly like cause u smart and successful. Sex sells for a reason, and men sell dreams for a reason.

• I think people will always be intimidated by good looks more unless the person was exceptionally successful or popular. We are a vain society.

• I'd say both tbh

• Guys initiately care about looks

• Well considering how important looks are to guys...

• Girls who are smart and good looking.

• Smart cause its a lot more credible to tgink of good looking girls as being shallow. Smart girls reject you because your beneath their standards for other reasons besides appearance

• The boys who voted for smart girls are the type of guys i want to be with ;)

• Rejection is rejection is rejection is rejection

• So many guys voted good looking girls lmfao how shallow is that?

Can you please give me an advice/opinion on my question? Thank you!!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2041536-should-i-be-worried

• The thing is, the girl has to be attractive for the guy to even approach her. He won't even know if she is smart unless he gets to know her, and by that point she must have already said yes.

• It's a good thing you added "honestly" to your question, because my first instinct when seeing a question on a q&a site is to answer with lies.

• Wow, the results are showing men are afraid to be rejected by "good looking girls", not SMART! It should be the other around! Mmmmmm... now that's lame! Hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

• I'd say looks more.

• This post is bizarre because you can be good looking and smart and successful.