I am 24 and NEVER had a boyfriend?

TWENTY-FOUR. There are women who have babies at this age and at least a couple relationships... and me nothing. I feel socially behind. I had a guy two years ago who used me as a rebound and threw me away, (I didn't had penetration sex with him just lots of foreplay) After that situation I became more distrusting and gave up on 'love' to me he was my first kiss but to him I was nothing. I only saw him 5 times in a month tho... so that wasn't even 'special'. Am I weird? I feel like I missed out on love experiences and I feel I can relate to many women as friends cause I never dated... I mean twenty four... how am I going to explain this im still a virgin...

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to explain anything to anyone. But I certainly understand your angst. It's difficult when we're constantly bombarded with images of people in relationships or hooking up and we can't figure out why it's not happening to us.

I can't speak about your situation specifically, but it seems to me that perhaps you haven't been putting yourself out there and meeting me people. You might give off a very closed-off vibe that guys pick up on. At the end of the day, if you want a boyfriend you're going to have to be proactive. Those Disney fairytale stories where the knight in shining armor shows up out of the blue doesn't happen in real life. You gotta put yourself out there to get anywhere in life. Life only meets you part way.

Most Helpful Girl

• well i dont have the exact samesituation as you. i am 20 and i am a virgin but for me it is totally by choice. i think its commendable to still be a virgin at this age because it can be difficult sometimes. obviously i can't sspeak for every guy but in my experience at least, not one single guy has ever found it weird or not liked the favct that i was a virgin. they thought it was hard to believe and uncommon, but they were never put off by it. so i dont think you should worry about what a. guy will think; if he judges you for it then he is a huge asshole anyway.
    and it is so not weird that you haven't been in a reationship. it is just harder for some people to put thenselves out there and gain an attachment with people in the dating world. maybe its just not a part of in your lifestyle to meet guys easily that arr worth dating. maybe you just are picky when it comes to guys youd like to be with or maybe you have comitment issues. based on the way this one guy treated you i think its understandable that maybe you dont want to be too easy or give yourself to a guy so wuickly in that way again.
    long story short, you should never feel bad or weird about this. you sre who you are and you do what you sre comfortable with, and any guy whos worth it is not going to judge you or care

What Guys Said 10

• No your not weird a lot of people these days have waited socially. Me and my female freinds have all not dated or have dated jerks. It is just something that happens these days. Other things take priority over our social lives and we put it off or fall for the wrong jerks. Or they just wait for the guy to make the move without even hinting that they like him.

• Well you gotta find someone who likes you

• How old are you again? Lmao

Just slow your roll. Wait and some guy will come along

• 24 but i feel like... left out? am i missing out on sex?

• Sex is great! But it's even better with someone you truly like and enjoy and possibly love

• You just tell anyone who has a *right* to know that you were saving yourself for marriage.

• It's a shame you're dutch, because I'd date you. And I wouldn't take you for granted.

You're not weird. You're not missing out on anything except for more failed relationships. If anything I think you're normal in a world of crazy people.

• Lmfaooo just find one of nerds like em on here lol they actually prefer virgins so lmao

• welcome to my life

• U should feel proud of yourself:)))

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• So what. Its clear you had a bad experience and your mind wants to chill some time. And you say you had a guy. So you are not virgin anymore. Why do people associate virginity with penetration? If you have sex by whatever means, you are not virgin. Otherwise lesbians would be virgin forever and homos wouldn't. So just wait until you meet the good one and enjoy life.

• There are women who have babies at 14. Are they still your role models?

• I don't see a problem with being 24 and single without ever having a boyfriend. All through high school I didn't date and when I finally started college I started dating someone. And honestly I am glad I waited this long to start dating. As far as being a virgin and having to explain to people that you haven't dated anyone you shouldn't worry too much about it. You will meet a guy at some point some of us just take longer to get to that point

• Don't compare yourself to anyone. Everyone's lives move at a different pace or take different routes. Focus on your own life & making the very best of it.

I'm sure when you meet the right guy for you, you won't feel like you "missed out". I've dated tons of guys & would've much rather just met " the one" & live happily ever after. Instead of going through bad dates, heartbreaks, & rebounds. When u meet a guy that u really connect with and he leaves no doubt in your heart that he's really here for u, then you can share with him that ur a virgin. I guarantee if this guy is truly the one for u, your virginity will not be an issue😊