I like him but I am sort of embarrassed of him?

I started to talk to this guy I had met online. He was what I wanted in a guy, personality wise. He's loyal, down to earth, very romantic and respects me. After talking for a while and some flirting, we decided to meet up and I was really excited to meet him. When I first saw him, I was shocked. It was not his face, it was his height. Personally, I don't like it when the guy I'm currently talking/seeing is short because I am pretty short myself. He stands at about 5'6 which I find is quite short compared to most guys. I know this sounds really bitchy and rude but I can't shrug it off. It's not his face or body, it's his height. I hate to say this but I was embarrassed to be seen with him. When he would try to hold hands with me, I would always find an excuse not too. I felt extremely bad. It wasn't his fault that he was short. I didn't want to let a guy as amazing as him go. So I asked my friends for advice advice and my best friend said to drop him. My other friend said not too. I'm really sorry but this isn't something i can shrug off. Any advice? Do I drop him?

* I know that I sound very shallow and conceited. It is just something I can't get past. I 'm sorry. Please help me instead of hating on me xx *

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry but you are VERY SHALLOW and he deserves much better than you. He sounds like a great guy, so please let him find himself a good woman , with a good heart who will appreciate him as he is. You should also realize that you are almost legally a midget and this guy is actually not as short for a man as you are for a woman.

I think you need to at least acknowledge that you are a shallow person. How would you feel if he said he was embarrassed to be seen with a girl the size of a 9 year old. He's almost 7 inches taller than you are. he's a GIANT compared to YOU. And yet you still complain. Please let this guy go. He deserves so much better.

Most Helpful Girl

• I suppose here, dear, if this 'Was what I wanted in a guy' was What you had 'Wanted' online but Now Not in Person... Then you have Realized to your own Surprise and Eyes that Unconditionally he is Not what you think you can Accept.
    Don't bother with him anymore. Your feelings Probably won't change. You sound Disappointed as Well, I can Tell, and of course, I don't point Fingers, it isn't your Fault, you are being an Honest Jane here, dear.
    Give this Amazing man who is Hard to find, a Chance with Romance somewhere else. However, Honestly, the next Guy, On or Offline, may be a Control freak, a Weirdo or even More than this, and you may Regret then, Not have Given the Less taller man a Chance... You would have Realized yourself that he was the Bigger of all Men.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• Spare the guy the heartache and humiliation and drop him now. He'll be better off finding someone who actually can appreciate him.

• You should leave him so he can meet a woman who truly loves him. Then when you see them happy together, you can think "Wow, it was really stupid to let him get away."

• What if he told you he can't see you anymore because you have small tits? How would you react. How would you feel? Because you are about to do that to him.

• Try to get over it. If you absolutely cannot get over it, drop him immediately and save both him and you some headache.

• 0|0
  • If you can't *get passed* his height, then you can't. Break up with him.

• If you can't get past this, just break it off with him.

• His height really shouldn't bother you. He's not ugly right? And you would be crazy to let him go simply because of his height and nothing else 😐
    I'm 5'8" Is that bad? And how tall are you by the way?

• I'm really short around 4'11 to 5 foot

• I agree. But it still a reason. You never need a good reason to break up with someone, just a reason. If she so embarrassed by the thought of holding hand with the little dude then it better to break it off now than later.

• @1GuyOpinion True. Better off now than stringing him along. Poor guy though

What Girls Said 6

• If his height make you feel embarrassed then you don't love him, leave him, It will be better for both of you.

• Don't drop him, you may never find a guy like him again. Put yourself in his shoes, how would you feel if someone dropped you for your height?

• You should stop bothering him and move on with someone taller. He deserve better. And yes you do sound very shallow and conceited. You are 4ยด11 while he is 5`6. For me you both sound perfect together. And you will regret it. You both sounded like you were getting along pretty well.

• I'd say give him a chance. You never know! I never thought I'd be attracted to an Asian guy ever in my life but that happened once. After that, I'd totally date one again.

• Don't let someones height deter you from them. Really get to know him and his heart. If you two have true chemistry his height or other quirky things won't matter.

• I think you should try and keep him. Cause trust me if you let someone like that go in these days you'll regret it big time.