How come girls still talk to other guys when they're in a relationship?

My girlfriend always talks to other guys but it's not like she's cheating on me or anything because I've read her text message conversations before but as a guy I know I'm not really suppose to talk to other girls while in a relationship so I don't really understand why girls are allowed to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, actually, if you don't tell her it makes you uncomfortable, then she can talk to whoever she wants. Vice versa.

• No it's not like I care really I just didn't understand the reasoning behind it you know

• That's the reasoning. Because men don't tend to care. Women do. Question asked, question answered.

Most Helpful Guy

• She is a "Tester". This type of woman keeps a group of about 5 or 10 guys lined up at all times, comparing them among one another. She probably has as many or more guy friends than girl friends. Take a count whenever you can. If that is the case, she's a "Tester".

You better be your best because you are in a competition, and when she finds someone she thinks is better, you're in trouble.

Now the theory is you need to break her and convince her you're the "one" before someone else does.

• You're probably 100% right the only flaw in that, that I see is that she won't hangout with other guys she just texts them and Snapchats them plus she knows that I'm not very jealous when it comes to people who she talks to I'm only jealous of my friends because my friends like to piss me off and shit

What Girls Said 9

• I guess I talk to other guys because they're my friends? I'm not sure why my being in a relationship would mean I'm not allowed to speak to my friends, y'know?

• You're allowed to talk to girls while being in a relationship. A lot of my male friends are in a relationship and they still talk to me. I talk to them because they're my friends and I'm also in a relationship. 90% of the people I talk to are males. Why should a relationship change who my friends are?

• You can talk to girls, just not cheat.
    There is such thing as friends of the sex you are attracted to.

• I believe that when in a relationship you should still be able to talk to friends of the opposite sex in a friends way. If you trust each other 100% then there should be no problems

• She's a hypocrite. You can talk to the opposite sex, if it were my relationship at least, just don't sext/flirt etc.

• Being a relationship doesn't stop anyone from making friends or talking to others. Both of you have the right to talk to the opposite gender but if she's controlling you when she herself is talking to other guys, it's time to have a talk about this.

• Just because someone is in a relationship, it doesn't mean members of the opposite sex suddenly disappear. They're still going to be friends with them, they're still going to have conversations with them.

• Every human needs a circle of different genders.

• Is this wrong?

What Guys Said 9

• There is no universal standard rule for this situation. People of the opposite sex can be just friends without any romantic or sexual feelings between them and there is no need to avoid friends simply because you are in a relationship. However, you may need to do that if you are in a relationship with someone who is jealous and not trusting. If that is the situation, you may want to reconsider the value of the relationship that you are in.

• Do your parents only talk to each other? Don't they ever talk to their friends?

• We should be allowed to have friendships when in a relationship.

• No woman actively realizes but they're always looking for the next great guy in their life. They pretend like you can be friends with the opposite sex without sex being a factor, that's not the case.

• This is why you're having a hard time finding a partner

• No dude you just have to trust your girlfriend more trust is the biggest and most important factor in relationships when money isn't involved

• If you know the answer, why did you ask then>

• Taken people can talk to people of opposite gender and they do all the time! Its only the insecure partners that makes it an issue.

• So my girlfriend makes talking to the opposite gender for me an issue

• — "as a guy I know I'm not really suppose to talk to other girls while in a relationship so I don't really understand why girls are allowed to"
    …what?

• You both should be allowed to talk to and be friends with the other sex. It's stupid and immature to have that restriction on each other.

• What are they supposed to do? Sit in their house 24/7?

• Who said she's not supposed to talk to other guys & you're not supposed to talk to other girls?
    Maybe those guys are her friends.
    Maybe those guys have some project together at school/university.
    It could be anything. Don't get suspicions too easily.

• Dude I'm not really suspicious at all I just didn't know why she does that but if I ever talk to another girl she gets mad at me

• Well if she does that and doesn't allow you to do same then it's time to talk or move on.