Do you forget your first love?

I just wonder if my ex boyfriend will remember me. We were in a relationship for 5 years and we broke up 2 years ago. We were each other's first love and I was his first relationship (he only had hookups before). Even though we didn't end on bad terms, we are not talking anymore and we will probably never see each other again because he moved to another country a year ago. He will always be my first love and I will always remember him with a warmth around my heart. I wish he finds a good wife and has a happy life, but most of all I wish I don't disappear from his memory. Even now I sometimes think about him and our amazing time together... Do you think it's the same for him? There was never a fight between us, we broke up because of other circumstances.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• my first love was 10 years ago, and i still remember him... not with any kind of emotion, but the same way i would any other acquaintance from my past.

put simply, it ended badly. but i've made peace with that part of my life. you'll always remember yours too, but in what capacity is up to you.

What Guys Said 14

• yup, he'll remember you, assuming he's not a... yeah! Well I doubt it would be a good Idea, but you could still talk to him via some internet medium such as Skype! So shouldn't say you'll never see him again! If you and he are on good terms it may be nice! If things are weird or something, then Nah! :)

• No, we don't forget. Feeling are gone but our first love is part of our history, so it's impossible to forget.

• I don't think anyone ever forgets their first love, regardless or how it happened or ended... I know i haven't...

• It's been almost 3 years and I still think about her but not as intensely as before though. We haven't talked since then and I don't think will ever will. Sometimes I ask myself if she ever thinks about me anymore.

• What do you mean by "forget"?

I think most people remember, but that doesn't mean they still have feelings for their first love. I know I don't.

People move on. All experiences are valid, but nothing lasts forever. ;)

• no. never.

• Excluding some type of brain trauma or mental illness like Alzheimer's disease I don't think it's possible to forget.

• Nah she's a part of my life, not going to forget such a thing

• Probably. Maybe. Dunno, every guy is different. I do but I'm just weird. Hell I remember everyone I simply sleep with for a night and every hooker I've hired for 30-60 minutes, love being optional and usually left at the doorstep.

• Do we forget? No. Do we wish to forget? Sometimes.

• I remember her but I don't think about her.

• I don't think so but we might not consider them out first "love" in hindsight anymore.

• I don't think people forget that

• yes.

What Girls Said 6

• You don't forget but they aren't on your mind all the time at all, if anything barely at all unless something reminds you of them or someone talks about them.

• No, you never forget them. I am 28 and I have two past relationships that I can't forget.

My first kiss and my first love both visit frequently (in my dreams). It is strange and always unexpected, but it happens about once a month for each. I think it is my brain trying to go back to those times. It is usually refreshing when it happens

• Ofcourse he'll remember you

• ... never, even now that I am totally jaded and no longer believe in love.

• I know I haven't forgotten ny first love sadly :/

• I don't think you ever fully forget them