Girl Goes To A Bar Alone. Is That Weird?

Just wondering, I really want to go to a bar tonight because I never go out. But I don't have any friends and I'm single, so whatever I do, I always do alone. While going to movies and coffee shops is nice, I want to go somewhere I never go. And I've only gone to a bar like twice in my life, including in college.

Would it be weird if I went alone and just sat there with a drink so I could get out of my apartment for ten minutes?

I'm only asking because I hear that women don't normally do that and people in general already think I'm weird. I don't want to be any weirder.
Also, sorry if this sounds like a pathetic or stupid question, I just didn't know if women actually did it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• There are certain places I like to go completely alone, where no one knows me.
    All have security.
    I don't think your weird at all.

What Guys Said 11

• Not really weird, but more on the unsafe side. I guess if you know what you are doing and stay out of bad places it would be ok.

• I'm kind of like you in that I'd also want to go alone since I don't have anyone to go with.

• I wouldn't think that's really weird. A lot of women don't like to go out alone to bars for other reasons. One of the more common ones I heard was that they want to be with someone else for safety reasons. Some people would think it's weird but it comes down to what you think or may feel. Some people can't handle doing things alone and some find it to be very comfortable

• Not weird really, unusual maybe. But not usual enough to be weird. You should probably get ready for being hit on though.

• Maybe, maybe not. The bars around here are full of white people. I'm black and not many white guys around here are open to dating us. My hometown is a different story but that's like an hour away.

• Fair enough, but an attractive lady alone at a bar is still probably going to get hit on. Or thatäs my opinion anyway.

• Well, we'll see. I want to go and wish I had a friend to go with but I wouldn't even know who to ask lol

• Not at all you'll notice you wouln't be the only person going there alone either, usually though they tend to know person here and there.

But looking at when the question was asked you probably already been. How'd it go?

• I'm in your same exact situation, but I go to bars a lot. I'm single too, and when my friends aren't available and I want to get out, then I don't care if I'm by myself. I sometimes meet some cool people and sometimes I enjoy me time. I do a lot of stuff by myself so you're not the only one. I go to the movies all the time by myself.

• I hope not. I've gone to the bar alone.

• Nope, not really

• no, i would do that too.

• noooo

• You will get approached a lot I'm sure. It's unusual, but in a good way. I tend to go by myself all the time, but rarely do I even get any attention.

What Girls Said 3

• Not weird at all! Just stay safe :) do what you wanna do, don't let having nobody with you stop you.

• Not at all. Most people just tend to do it with friends because it's fun. Go for it!

• Yeah you should go, have fun!!