He's breaking up with me but I love him... what should I do?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months now. In June i found out through a Truth and Dare game that he is going to break up with me because he can't promise me that he (or i ) won't do anything stupid while we are away at college. Of course i was very hurt but a small amount of courage that i had i said to him then there's no point in dating if we have a deadline why not break up now. He looked a bit sad when i said that and then said i don't want to break up with you. That night i cried and i couldn't work up the courage to break up with him officially i love him too much so i thought i can just enjoy what i have left with him but i was wrong. Recently i over heard him saying to our friend (we were at a diner and i was talking to our friend's girlfriend's mom) that on July 12 before he leaves for vacation he's going to end it with me and that we were a "spring fling" Im hurt and i don't know what to do i love him so much.. im so confuse why he would say that he didn't treat us as if we were a simple spring fling he told me a private thing about him that only me and a friend of his only knows, i had dinner with his family, he met my family, i don't understand at all.. what should i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's clear that you like him much more than He likes You. I'll not tell you how to live your life, but IF you can have the courage to say him all the things you locked in yourself as fast as you can, I would recommend it. Also some people are just stupid at some times of their lives, the fact that he shared intimate things with you is enough to know that in some point of the relationship you had some deep in your conection, no matter if He says that it was only a "spring" thing, his actions showed other thing and He's probably only saying this because He's also sad and insecure for breaking up with you and He's trying to show his pride to your friend. Remember if youcan confront him and tell all you want to, you problably will get some piece.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kick him in the nuts for embarrassing you like that and then leave him. You need to be angry, not sad. He's openly telling everyone you know that you're just a good fuck and mean nothing to him and then he's going to leave you with the backwash of it all while he disappears off to college. I'd spend the last few days of his time at home making his life a living hell if I were you. Cry after he's gone, kick his ass now! He's lucky you're not me.

• This is just pathetic. OP, be sensible and simply break up with the guy. No need to become batshit imsane.

• No. For one, he did not disrespect her. A truth or dare game is not disrespect. For two, in case you didn't read through the whole thing, they talked after it and expressed their wants to each other. For three, any one is free to break up with any one for any reason. He has no obligation to her much like she has none to him. For four, you're insane if you want to resort to violence for such petty reasons. OP, please don't listen to this overgrown child. Be a bigger adult than she is.

What Guys Said 5

• He never loved you. Now you have to find someone who will love you.

• nothing? if a man doesn't want you get over it!!!

• Hit the market for an older dude.

• Be okay with it. Why love someone who doesn't love you. And besides, you can always find a place for him in your heart.

• you should follow ur heart

What Girls Said 4

• Break up with him, he clearly does not love you.

• you either break up now. or drag it on and break up later.
    up to you.

i did the latter. its just a matter of time when the guy moves on to someone else.

• Walk away from him then "win the break up" he will regret it.

• Erm... stop being pathetic, dump him and move on? He doesn't like you how you like him. He's blatantly telling the world, and telling you, but you're sitting there basically crying over him lol. Dump him and find better.