Thoughts on dating a police officer?

What do you think of dating police officers? I'm dating a guy who is a sergeant in the police department. I find it sexy I love a man in charge. Are cops very dominant partners?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• I graduated the academy last year. Typically more dominant because it's just in the nature of the job. I'm not gay so I wouldn't know about dating one but members of law enforcement and military are more the alpha male types of society. Don't get me wrong not every cop is like that.. there are a lot of sloppy fat cops and feeble minded ones as well but if he is a SGT that says something. He has earned his stripes. He is probabaly exactly what you're looking for.

• He was interested in me let me know it very directly but is getting to know me in a genuine way and acting like a gentleman. He has a very strong and masculine energy but he's also respectful. I'm like 😍😍

• Yes and I'm very feminine to begin with, both my look and personality. I am opinionated but I like the man to be in charge both in bed and in general. I always want a big strong hero type of man

• Lol I understand that a lot. I carry that same demeanor and women have always expressed that same thing to me. Have fun.

• I personally would hate dating a police officer, only simply because I wouldn't want to lose my partner. However, I understand that if that's her dream job and she loves doing it, I'm not going to stand in her way. I prefer not to be a hypocrite. I grew up wanting to be a police officer myself, so I'd understand how she would feel.

• Not all cops are equal. Some are corrupt others are legot and some are just stright up power tripping

• Why not? I wouldn't mind dating a female police officer, provided that she's not fat like a lot of them. And yes, cops are dominant, they have handcuffs for a reason.

• you know cops are not different races right? they are just people and the dominance is a personality thing my boyfriend is very feminine and girly at times people have mistaken him for a woman but he is VERY and i mean VERY dominant in bed.

• I wouldn't. A lot of cops like the attention they get from random women.

• I wouldn't cause they probably got something smart to say about weed and watching shit online and downloading free games and shit

What Girls Said 12

• I would totally have dated a civilian cop if I had the chance. MP's were a no go though. Just make sure he's a legitimately good guy though because the job gets to some of them and makes them all screwy. But I agree, the thought of having a handsome man in a police uniform is pretty attractive.

• It is largely believed that cops are notorious cheaters. Not to say your guy is, but it's kind of a stigma---ask him if he's ever heard that.

Be prepared to have him work weird hours and not talk much about the job to you. Dating a cop can be nice though since they're natural protectors. 😊 He might also have some really crazy stories for you too!

• Cops are very attractive.
    I love authority as well.
    I wouldn't date one now because im not single.

• @rgb008 I dated a policewoman who practiced arresting moves on me! Still worried I''m an innocent move away from being arrested lol

• As long as he doesn't abuse his power as a police officer. After what a group of cops did to my brother, it would be ironic if I date a cop who doesn't do his job correctly.

• I like dominant partners as well. It is more funny and challenging to "tame" them.

• i like dominant guys... so for me he is ideal.. as long as he has the looks.
    long, slim and young.

• My experience = It hurt me + it helped me + I don't anymore.

I only date dominant men :)

• Hahah I like that. Ur lucky though. Cops know what respect is I think

• I doubt I'd enjoy being with a cop. They usually have power issues.

• you'll never be able to be the true party girl around him that you usually are

• If partying consist of excess amounts of molly and ecstasy than yes. Trust me cops know how to party as well though lol.

• I'm not a party girl. Never was into that

• Oh you to will be great together

• Unless you are an outlaw you should be fine with an officer.

• I don't know either