Guys - how would you feel about dating a girl that works a skilled manual trade?

I recently trained in a trade, having previously been a 5th grade school teacher. I decided to learn a trade because I enjoyed working manually and having a project - and the idea of having a real 'skill' appealed to me. However, so many female friends and relatives have commented on how I'll always be single now. Men don't want a 'girl like that'. I think that's meant to infer that working a trade is a negative thing. I get that it's unusual but I love it. Yes, I'm a little bit of a tomboy, I love hockey and baseball, but I also love books, documentaries, cooking and doing my hair and make-up and getting dressed up to go out. Is it really such a terrible turn off if a girl doesn't wear a skirt and heels to work?

To follow up - I have long blonde hair, wear light make up and skirts/dresses when I'm out of work.

Most Helpful Guy

• Which trade?

I can't imagine that alone being a dealbreaker. I generally don't care what a girl's profession is as long as the girl is attractive, has a feminine face/body, is pleasant to be around and doesn't have a high partner count.

The only professions that really turn me off for a serious relationship are:stripper, escort, model, actress, massage therapist, liberal journalist, and possibly lawyer but Im on the fence about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt any serious man would have an issue with that.

What Guys Said 6

• No, that's absolutely awesome. My sister is that type and she had no trouble getting male attention (now happily married).

It does help to have a feminine side to give you the sex appeal, but those tomboy qualities will give you lasting appeal to a lot of men out there. I imagine it also gives you a pretty healthy and strong physique.

• Yea it's a deal breaker.

I'm kidding, I would be completely fine with that. Don't see what the problem is.

• no absolutely not.

• No problem.

• I would assume she's a lesbian.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0