Boyfriend wants this?

My boyfriend of 10 months said he wants structure and i dont give that, what does he mean... like tell him what to do? Cause i know he wants me to tell him to do things, but when i do he just says ok... and he'll do it but forget about it.

What Guys Said 1

• I dont really know your situation therefore can't answer but I wish you luck.

What Girls Said 1

• He wants you to give him "structure"? What the hell does that even mean? From what you're describing, it sounds like he wants you to be more assertive. But seriously, what a strange f*cking way of putting it.

My guess is that this means one of two things: Either he's coming to the realization that you're more of a "go with the flow" kind of gal rather than an aggressive one and he's not sure that he likes it (entirely HIS problem by the way, not yours). Or he's getting the sense that you're not being frank enough about your true opinions or feelings and it's frustrating him. If you're genuinely just a laid back type of person who doesn't like telling others what to do then that's perfectly ok, and your boyfriend needs to understand that. Unless you acted differently when you first started dating, he knew what he was signing up for so why is he acting like it's a problem now? If it's the latter issue, however, then I'd say you have a much bigger problem on your hands which is that you don't feel safe enough expressing your true personality in front of your boyfriend. If that's the case, then you need to have a different kind of conversation with him altogether.
    .