What on earth should I do I'm heartbroken?

Ok so there is this girl that I started talking to I used to go school with her where both 17 I have known her for 13 years so we started talking and we got really close and she started telling me everything about her life and stuff she wouldn't tell anyone so she started telling me about her ex and how there not together anymore and I started comforting her about the situation ok so we stayed talking and we used to flirt and talk a way no friends would talk but then after a month of that she told me her ex messaged her and asked to fix shit up and what should she do I told her do what your heart tells you and we said we would still be mates but guess what she stopped messaging me and all this stuff after they got back together I was heart broken but it gets even worse after a month of not talking she messaged me saying sorry about everything I done it wasn't meant to be like that and sorry this and dat so we started talking again this time I told her how I feel about her and she didn't mind and we would flirt like no tomorrow she told her cousin about me and a lot of people and we where talking about "us" and we where just being in love and I felt that she liked me and we would meet up all the time and then it's was the other night her ex messages her saying hey she replied what's up and he called her and told her his just checking up on her and she told him there is no need and he said to her you clearly don't want to have this conversation and shut in her face ok so she told me all this and then told me I didn't tell you this to make you cut or upset I just wanted to tell you and then everything got awkward she told me I'm taking everything wrong and she will never get back with him but when he called her she remembered everything and got upset and now she said can we keep our relationship just as friends and see where that goes and she keeps apologise for leading me on and putting me through this shit but we still talk as friends now but it's very awkward

Most Helpful Girl

• She is using you. You are her emotional tampon.
    Stop contacting her. She will never be yours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Drop her if it's bugging you so much. Just the way the world turns. If she had a deep connection with her ex, well it'll be hard for her to get into a new sturdy relationship, let alone a healthy one. If you want to "not be played" I wouldn't be her friend. She doesn't deserve you for what she put you through.

If you want to be frank, you could say: "hey, I don't think we should continue to be friends"... sometimes the hard truth goes a long ways, and it can really change a person.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that sounds kinda fucked up to be honest. Not once but twice at least you had to go through that awkward shit. I would really just stay friends with her or just kinda forget about her and slowly stop messaging and then she will be gone. I wouldn't try to date her anymore cause we all know how that's going to end.
    Good luck man and Srry for all the stress you had to deal with that just sounds horrible

• Just rest until you feel better