Why do men like when girls pay little attention to them?

It just seems to be that men like it better when girls don't try so hard. (Caring)

Most Helpful Guy

• i don´t know any guys who´d like that xD

Most Helpful Girl

• If you notice, all the guys disagreeing with your statement seem to be talking about what they want from a girl they're in a RELATIONSHIP with. OBVIOUSLY a guy wants their girlfriend to show she cares about him. But when it comes to the pre-relationship phase, the flirting phase, men generally undeniably like to chase. Theyre pretty much hardwired to do so.

Guys may like the girls that are head over heels for them just because of the ego boost it provides, but at the end of the day most guys get head over heels for the chick that is hot and cold. The one that seems like MAYBE, just maybe she could be interested, while simultaneously seeming like she couldn't give two craps.

Guys and girls can disagree all they'd like, but I see it ALL THE TIME.

What Guys Said 12

• Well then I must be a different type of human cause I would definitely want my girl to care about me and pay attention to me as I would towards her too. But then again, I am a guy who doesn't just seek sex so my opinion would obviously be different for this too. I don't know what boneheads like their girl to not care like that just sounds stupid
    Dating these days I tell ya (sigh) 😕

• I hate it when girls pay little attention to me. The attention is nice.

• I like it when a girl cares! If she doesn't care at all then I feel unwanted

• i dont know who invented this but its not true, not for me at least, especially when you know that being caring is associated with femininity.

• Guys that want to use you like when you aren't all that attached. There's no expectation there so there's no problem walking away at any moment. Guys that don't like you also like when you don't bother them... Otherwise we like caring girls...

• No childish men do, but date a mature male and then decide about that.

• I'm right now with a girl who pays very little attention to me and I hate it! I'm going to end things very soon for that very reason. I like the attention and I'm sure all other guys do as well. If a guy is into a girl and she doesn't pay attention to him but he doesn't stop the relationship it's because he's self conscious and is afraid he will never do better.

• Do we? I definitely don't!
    I like most attention, but in particular someone I'm close to showing they care me as the world

• Dudes sometimes like the challenge ya know.
    All about the chase.

Fuck that.

• because it is a challenge to the man.

• We don't like being bothered or annoyed.

• I sure as hell don't.

What Girls Said 8

• Only childish men and women like that shit.

Most adults want you to say that shit straight up. You want a relationship or not? You want this dick/pussy or not? Because we're too old for that crap lol

• It could just be unrequited feelings.

They may not be attracted to the girls that like them and so those girls are trying harder to get their attention and it's not working?

And the girls showing little attention is because they don't like the guys back but the guys think they're playing hard to get?

I don't think guys would deliberately want to go after a girl that pays them little attention.

• Only some guys like the chase

• The men I date absolutely don't, but have to realise that "I" have a life outside of them.

• They want what they can't have

• ugh I feel you): it really sucks

• I like my space, and give space. But I will be there for my guy if he needs me, whenever that is. I think some, maybe a lot but not all men, do not like clingy types. They want someone that cares about them, but just not constantly hovering around and such. Other guys might just want a more casual thing, so that could be why they don't care if the girl pays attention to them or not.

• Treat them mean keep them keen.