Are you less likely to date someone who is openly bisexual?

In the past I've seen stereotype after stereotype claim that bisexual people are less likely to be faithful because of their attraction to both sexes. I'm just genuinely curious as to how many people would be less likely to date an openly bisexual person, and whether it's because of the aforementioned stereotype. Please explain why or why not in the comments, and at least attempt not to be biphobic, stating your reasons with a little politeness.

• Yes (why?)
  • No (why?)
  • Poll results

Most Helpful Girl

• I have nothing against their sexuality nor do I question their faithfulness, but I wouldn't want to date one for health reasons. I wouldn't know how safe or careful he was when having sex with men so I'd want proof that he's clean. Anyone can have STDs but I feel like they have double the exposure if they're highly active on both sides. I'm probably wrong on this but that's how I feel about it.

I'm currently sleeping with a bisexual who still has yet to tell me (I found out accidentally on my own). It took me two days to get over it but whats done is done. He practices safe sex every time we make love so I feel comfortable with him.

• So if you were sure they were clean, their sexuality wouldn't be a problem?

• As I said before, their sexuality doesn't bother me. I'd want any of my partners to be clean, bisexual or straight. As long as he's exclusively sleeping with me while he's seeing me I'm okay with it.

• Cool, thanks for commenting!

What Guys Said 18

• Nah it wouldn't influence my decision. If she's an awesome woman that I get along well with her sexuality doesn't matter.

• i dont know, i think at some point in our relationship she would want to have sex with a girl and i dont have a vagina.

• That could lead into a threesome.

• @Allebana yeah if it happens in a relationship then its cheating no matter if they are straight or not. i dont think its hot. if my girl kissed other girls whether or not she is bi the relationship is over.

• I think it is hot but I agree with you that it would be cheating
      glad you see her preferences makes no difference , that's all I wanted 😊 any girl, bi or not who does that knowing you're not into it is obviously not up for a relationship
      chances of a girlfriend cheating are the same..

• I don't see how it's different. Before they're in a realationship they have more people open to them, but once you're together I wouldn't make a difference either way

• No, but I much less likely to date any slut, and if she is a bisexual and a virgin then I would prefer her on slutty straight girl, and if she is not first hand, then a bisexual there is a chance that she been only with other girls, and I would in fact be much more okey with that, in comparison to if she been with other guys. I do believe that bisexuals are less likely to be faithful, but like I said I am also more forgiving if it's another girl an not another guy. I guess that I do not see a girl as a true replacement for me, and I do not see lesbian sex as important as PIV, for better and for worse. Anyway if she is a bisexual I want to know about it, and then decide. Anyway I would add that so far all the bisexuals that I was knowing was slutty.

• First of all, I'd much prefer if you'd refrain from using the term 'slut', it's a horrid term. Secondly, sexuality has nothing to do with faithfulness. Thirdly, the bisexuals you've known do not represent all bisexuals, but I understand how that might influence your opinion. Why do you view intercourse between two females as lesser?

• Is it hard to understand? because I don't want used good, that other guys use.

tvtropes.org/.../NatureAdoresAVirgin

• Are you a virgin yourself?

• I am less likely to date them.

I generally assume they are more promiscuous and less likely to stay loyal to one person.

• Why do you assume this? Unless they're a shitty person, they'll stay loyal, sexuality has nothing to do with it.

• I'm guessing since there's less gay people that number is already lower since it's harder to find a partner. For bi people I wouldn't be sure, since there's people that think like you and people that don't.

• @Berethor you're kind of basing your point on he idea the bi people need/want both men and women to be sexual satisfied. That's not normally the case; it just means they can be sexual satisfied by a man OR woman

• no I don't care

• No I don't see that as an issue. I don't understand people here saying no..

• Well I'm a straight guy so I like straight women, simple as that.

Besides wouldn't the bi girl always have that one side of her sexuality unfulfilled if she got in a relationship and stayed loyal? Unless you did threesomes or something, but I don't like sharing my partners with anyone.

• Not to my knowledge, because they love and are attracted to the person they're loyal to. That's fulfilling enough, I think. I mean, maybe she might fantasise about women once or twice, but I think there are very few people who can say that they haven't fantasised about someone else in a relationship, whatever their sexuality.

• You liking lesbians makes compete sense, as you're a straight man and lesbians are women. You dating lesbians, that's what wouldn't make sense.

• @MsElizabeth96 Finding someone sexually attractive and liking them are completely different things. I never said I was more sexually attracted to straight girls, I just like them more.

• Yes, because that usually means that their political and religious views are completely fucked.

• I'd be more likely. Thatd be great because I wouldn't mind her flirting/sleeping with other girls. We could have a semi-open relationship. She'd have more freedom than if she were straight

• Yes. I don't need to explain myself to you.

• Of course you do't need to, but I'd like it if you would, just so I can better understand why you wouldn't date a bisexual woman.

• Whatever then. Thanks for commenting, and for giving me such an interesting conversation :)

• haha yeah yeah...

• No I wouldn't. It is a big complication in an already complicated dating scene.

• How is it a complication?

• Here is an article, one of many, that show the mental health issues of bisexuals.

www.pinknews.co.uk/.../

• It doesn't remotely double the potential for cheating. Being a shitty person increases the chances of cheating. No wonder bisexuals experience more mental health problems (if this study is to be believed), there is literally no acceptance for them anywhere, and they have to constantly deal with biphobic stereotypes like these forcing them to stay in the closet. Not being able to be oneself can take a serious toll on one's mind.

• A little bit, but not by much. It's more of a worry and will cause doubt at times

• yes, i am.

• Why are you less likely?

• ye cuz they are sluts n cheaters n really homosexual

• They aren't sluts or cheaters or 'really homosexual'. They're bisexual, that's the whole point here. I keep having to say this, but being bisexual doesn't make you a cheater. Being a shitty person makes you a cheater. Slut is a horrible term to use.

• No, I don't see why that would be a problem

• I would less likely date one because of my experience I would think they are more likely taken. But if I knew she wasn't taken it would be same.

• Could you clarify what you mean? If you knew they weren't taken, you'd go for it?

• Why would you assume she was taken?

• Just because my experience that bi sexual girls are much more likely in a relationship/not interested in a random guy than other girls. Just better to assume she is already taken and be positive surprised later than beeing disappointed. And then there are still ways to find out if the assumption was true.

• I'm into girls that are into guys not other girls.

• So you'd never date a bi girl with a preference for guys?

• I see no purpose in it. How about you though, would you want to date a guy that likes guys too?

What Girls Said 17

• Meh, seeing as I'm openly bisexual, I wouldn't be bothered by them being so.

• I wouldn't care, I like both but I date guys, I wouldn't mind a man telling me he dated other men before me
    same with women, only It wouldn't be "dating" because I wouldn't pursue a relationship with a woman

• Nope. I'm bisexual and I would date anyone regardless of being bisexual or not. I want to add that if I choose to be with someone it's because I want to be with them, it doesn't mean I'll suddenly want sex with someone else. Being bi doesn't automatically make me a cheater, it just means I like someone regardless of gender.

• Im bi and never cheated on anyone I was with. It is a stereotype. Id date someone who was bi as well and it wouldn't bother me. There is no particular "group" of people who is more likely to cheat than the others. Women are not more likely to cheat than men, nor someone who is gay/les/bi are more likely to cheat than someone who is straight. Anyone who is selfish, immature about relationships or dishonest is more likely to cheat, plain and simple.

• It doesn't bother me. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

• Yes, I am. I wouldn't date a bisexual guy.
    I would feel insecure and uncomfortable. Plus, he would want to have sex with a guy and I'm not a guy.

• it doesn't work like that, if he's with you is because he likes you, it's like saying that because you are straight you'll want to do it with another man (which you may or may not want to 😝)
      and it's not about polygamy but accepting your partner's elections and past relationships

• I wouldn't judge you since I know how it feels
      and if you find bi prince charming send him my way please 😆 tell him I've been waiting too long already

• @Allebana Ok, I understand that you like bisexual guys.
      And don't worry, I will send him your way :)

• I am pansexual, and I would prefer to date a bisexual or pansexual. I also wouldn't mind him/her/them seeking out a partner of another gender if they needed or wanted to. Apparently that makes me weird, but I don't want to limit my partners.

• Honestly, I couldn't give a fuck if a guy was bisexual or not. As long as he's a good guy, we can talk about male booties together.

• I wouldn't be, since I'm bi too and I'd feel comfortable with someone who have the same romantical interests as myself

• no because I am bi

• It's a deal breaker.

• Why is it a deal breaker, if you don't mind elaborating?

• I find the thought of my guy being inside an other guy (or the other way round) off putting

• I suppose that makes sense. Thanks for commenting.

• I'm Less likely to because I'm a Christian and don't agree with that, I'd want to date someone who shared my faith.
    If it was the case they were simply attracted to the same gender but would never act on it as they see it as a sin, I'd be fine with that.

• That wouldn't be open bisexuality; that sounds like suppression of the self, to be honest. I understand that your faith requires you to object to the idea of people of the same sex being in a relationship, and I'm guessing it would be a waste to try and dissuade you from the idea that it's a sin.

• Yeah, that's what I mean. I Wouldn't date someone in the circumstances of the question, but I was describing the situation in which i would.

• I'm lesbian and I would date a bisexual girl :)

• No because I wouldn't want to be with a man who was attracted to other men.

• Why? Just curious.

• I don't give a shit... I don't want to be with a man who on occasion fucks another man in the ass I can't make it any more clear than that.

• It's not like he'd be 'on occasion' cheating on you. It's a case of 'he's been with men in the past'. But fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for commenting.

• I prefer someone straight

• Why, if you don't mind me asking?

• Cause I don't see other women as competitors because women can't give him something that I can't give to him but if he likes men as well, then I don't have a penis, and I am more concerned about his sexual desires.

• I'd rather not date a bisexual guy. Don't know why tbh.

• Fair enough, I suppose. Thanks for commenting.

• Yea I would, im not into bisexual men its a preference.