Why do girls get so many more messages on online dating sites?

Supposedly it's something like a 20 to 1 ratio which is ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because women are told from a young age that making the first move makes them seem desperate and undesirable.

• It doesn't. Besides if a girl who likes me and would otherwise message me thinks that how am I ever going to know?
      There's nothing to lose messaging guys on online dating and it would feel really nice to get messaged first.

• Thanks for the MHO!

• No problem

Most Helpful Guy

• because there are more guys looking for sex than girls.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Probably because men are supposed to be the pursuers still and are typically the ones after the girls online anyway

• So where if anywhere do girls go to persue guys?

• Maybe it's luck or maybe you're more attractive or have been online longer or more active in the forums.
      Im wondering if I should set up some test profiles to see what sells.

• It might be a worth while experiment

• Because there are a LOT of thirsty simps out there who think that they'll actually be able to get somewhere with online dating.

And most women won't message first. Not only because the overwhelming majority of them are deathly afraid of rejection, but also because they only actually see a small percentage of men. The rest are simply background scenery.

• Most men are thirsty, desperate and will 'do' anything that has a pulse and slightly longer hair than a man.

• the level of desperation is rather high sometimes. so those guys will message any single women they see posted they feel they might have any possible chance with