Why do boys/men at the age of 26 want to date a 45 year old woman for?

I've been hit upon on various dating sites from good looking young lads (I'll call them) wanting to date and/or have a relationship with me. While I think it's sweet - the other part of me says "I have daughters the same age as these young lads!". Are they looking for a Sugar Momma?

Most Helpful Guy

• The conversation is better. All, yes all of my dear friends are in their 40s. I'm 26 and some of us are just on a different level. I don't like to play games or play with a woman's heart. I'm much better at articulating myself and paying attention to (heaven forbid) my emotions and feelings. It doesn't mean that I'm a pansy by any means. It means that I know myself. I know what makes me happy. I know what I'm after in people. Also, most older women know themselves by this point. Many see past all the flashy crap and can admire guy for whom he really is. Lots of young women (especially city girls) are caught up in such a fake hip hop lifestyle it's repugnant. Older women are simply more mature and easier to talk to than younger women.

• Thank you icycler for your response. You seem like a very mature 26 year old! The other point I thought of, was the fact that a woman in their 40's and older with a higher libido without the fear of getting pregnant and the ability to stay single would enjoy a younger man for this purpose. But I find it interesting that you mention that you also like to articulate as well. My theory was a young man would only want sex and some cash - in order to spend time stroking a 45 year old's ego.

• Haha you hit it on the nail. Even 26 year old girls act like they're 14 and still play these dumb ass 'junior high' mind games

What Guys Said 6

• I might get shit for this. but i=I'm gonna say it anyways haha

They are a lot of good looking young girls out there, it's hard to "judge" them because most people look their "best" in their prime which is like around your 20's.

In order for an older woman to look "stunningly beautiful" it isn't to easy. Especially after you have kids. It is not an easy thing to keep off baby weight, regain muscle, or maintain a schedule that allows one to maintain your "image" (due to the vast amount of time it take to raise a kid).

So when I look at a stunning beautiful older woman I think two things.

1. Despite motherhood, all the crap you have to do/put up with to raise a decent kid, ect. this woman still looks like she's in her prime. Meaning she's a strong person, with a strong personality to match (not to mention good genetics).

2. She still has enough self-confidence to maintain her self image, and probably knows how to have a good time.

• Well I hate to tell you - but those pretty 20 year olds will eventually turn to their 40s and gravity will happen to them as well. Take a look at the beautiful 20 year old's Mom - that's she'll look like. Over time you will find out that women in their 40's have $ and brains and loads of experience - we may not have the body but we certainly are great teachers. You see men in their 40's look for 20 year old - women my age want the older men - sometimes younger - if sex is all we want.

• First of all, physical attraction is what causes a younger man to want to have sex. He obviously finds this attractive and you should consider that a compliment. Also, sometimes it's because woman is in her sexual prime and will get into it more and enjoy it more, this makes the guy feel like a stud because he can fully satisfy an older and more experienced woman. I think the final reason is the experience itself, by the time women hit their sexual prime they know what they like and guys make use this to their advantage trying to get ideas for their next 'sexual conquest.'

• I see what you are saying - basically women in their 40's are like teachers to the young men out there. As I have always have had a sexual libido I can see your point - young men don't need Viagra - but do they have lasting power?! On the other hand - the older men have more experience and are more gentle and caring. I guess it depends on the woman if she want's to settle down with a man to spend the last years of her life with someone to enjoy their lives together, or merely enjoy sex only.

• Ever since the first "American Pie" movie was released, young boys and men have never looked at hot moms the same: especially the moms of our friends. If you don't know, "American Pie" is the origin of the acronym, MILF.

He definitely thinks you are a MILF (I know this without even knowing the guy) and if anything, it's a compliment. Ask him if he thinks you are a MILF; he will say yes.

• Whats a milf?

• Oh you are probably right! I've been hit on by many young men so I figured what they were wanting.

• Yeah all of a sudden moms became HOT just because you are a mom. And sometimes (or maybe more often than that) 20 year old guys would would find the middle aged mom of a 20 year old daughter hotter than her daughter. I'm guilty of that.

• A lot of younger guys have fantasies of pleasing an older woman. Just like many older woman have fantasies of being with a younger guy. It has nothing to really do with money, if that's what you mean by sugar mama. But older women are usually not shy, they know what they want, they know what feels good, and they don't play a lot of the silly games that younger girls play. I think for the most part it is just a sexual fantasy for the majority of guys.

• You see - you have to find a girl in their 20's that actually like sex, then by the time they reach their 40's they'll have loads of experience (speaking from experience here)! Older women do not like head games either, and enjoy sex more, because the fear of pregnancy is almost a thing of the past. Women go through menopause (a pause from wanting men - lol so I've heard) in their mid to late 50's. So I guess women our age get to be teachers to the young men.

• yep!

• its that older women know what they want, and they say what they want its kind of a turn on!

What Girls Said 3

• my mam is 45 and she is better looking than me she's naturally tanned has the bluest eyes ever and is very pretty (id never tell her though her head would only get bigger )

but fellas I've liked didn't like me back but liked my 45 year old mother now I find that insulting to me who is 18 lol but age is just a number at the end of the day

• You should compliment your Mom - I bet she'd love to hear her daughter tell her she was pretty. My daughter did that to me as well as her girl friends and guy friends and it really made my day! You see men in their 40's go after 20-30 year old women and that leaves the women in their 40's to go after men in their 50's - 60's. I feel sorry for the women in their 50's - 60's having to settle for men in their 20-30's or with no one at all. Remember ladies - their are more women than men.

• Lol no id never tell my mam as she is full of herself and is always criticizing the way I look so I'm not going to make her feel even more in love with herself lol

• well the ladies wouldn't care if you having children their age, but you should of never go up on a women that's older than you because then that's just wrong, but if you truly loved that woman than go for her and it doesn't matter about the age or anything like that & make sure you should always be careful & make something right for yourself!

• Women in their 40's have raised children of their own and a higher libdo than we did when we went through the child bearing stage. So if the older woman is only looking for sex without the emotions then she could go after the younger men - but not for marriage or long term commitment because the young men only want sex. Older women have the experience and time on their hands, but are also looking for a man to grow old with. I'd rather spend that time with an older man.

• They want sex. I'm morbidly obese and I have cute guys hitting on me.