Would you date someone who had done jail time?

Would you date a guy or girl who had gone to jail for theft, growing pot and getting into a fight 10 years ago even if they had changed their whole life around?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, mostly because I'm a teacher and that could really come back to haunt me in the worst ways. I have high schoolers and they google EVERYTHING. And they can find stuff out in the creepiest of ways.

I dated one guy who got arrested but was released based on false claims, but if you mean like they actually broke the law and went to court and what have you, the answer is no.

What Guys Said 15

• honestly, these aren't too bad things for me. I would only be sceptical of such a person because of his bad judgments and decisions. if he had done time for murder or so that would be totally different.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Perhaps. It would depend upon whether or not the leopard really had changed its spots.

• Depends

• If its like a traffic ticket yeah.

• depends on what they were in jail for.

• Hell no

• I would.

• No way Jose. I've seen women in these categories as well.

• Fuck no.

• He has not killed anyone or anything like that. Fine for me

• As long as she hasn't assaulted or killed her exes, I'm fine.

• Most likely no, but it really depends on how they changed.

• It depends on the crime, but either way I'd really have to think about it.

• Depends on the person and the crime; but probably would.

What Girls Said 7

• If they turned their life around then yes, depending on what it was for. Everybody makes mistakes.

• Are you asking on your behalf? Sounds like this might be about you and someone. If so, of that someone is someone you care about, why not. If your on here asking this question, your obviously hesitant or whoever this ia for. So what does that tell you?

• Depends on what they did and how many times they have been in jail.

• Depends on what they stole

• Yes I would date a woman that had a pot farm

• Mostly not, if it was for defending themself or something like that then I'd probably consider it.

• 10 years and nothing since? Yea.