Have you ever dated someone from another country?

I'm Italian and I have a weakness for foreigners. I've always thought that dating (or simply being friend with) someone from another country it's a cultural enriching experience.

What do you think about it? Where are you from? Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend from another country? Where is/was he/she from? 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Turkish, born and raised in Turkey. I dated a German guy. I dated him for almost 2.5 years. He proposed me and we were engaged to get married but I broke up because I was not so sure. It was a good experience with him and his family to spend Christmas and see German Christmas traditions, because I dont celebrate Christmas as I am lapsed-Muslim. And it was nice to see German ethics (I worked in a company as intern to be with him) and learned German a little, which I don't remember now.

I also dated an African-American for 4 months during another internship. It was interesting to see their way of life, and what is the most important thing to them. But his mother did not accept me somehow because I am white. That was sad. But I liked to see how they entertained themselves singing, dancing etc. Also, black churches are also interesting to see Sunday Mass Service.

Right now, I am dating another German guy, whom I met previous work. The old one was an Easterner, this guy is Bavarian so I can tell there is a difference between Germans.

I think it is interesting to see and immense in other cultures and nice to show your own culture to them. I like international dating. If i do not settle down with the current man of mine, I'd like to live in or work in Japan or Argentina and date guys from those places as well.

What Guys Said 18

• A French woman, long ago, until it came out she had a husband.

• Its a cool thing in fact. Except for the fact that such relationships (when romantic) are highly sensitive and susceptible to doubts and misunderstandings. However, if one lingers on and successfully controls their emotions in that regard then they are better as mostly people from other cultures care about us more than our own people.
    I had a girlfriend, she was Indonesian but of Pakistani ethnicity. It was good experience but not ended well.

• Yes I have.

Do Italians like Brits? ;)

• I have. I date an American girl last year.

• There is just too much space between me and the next country so I doubt that would ever happen, besides I am happy with my Canadian gal :)

• Yes yes, in fact I have dated more foreigners then Indians (being Indian myself). The girl that I last hooked up with was from Spain (Basque country to be exact)... I too think that dating someone from another culture is a amazing experience where you can learn so much from each other

• Many times. I've had girlfriends from Colombia. Cuba, Dominican Republic, Peru.
    the Netherlands, Germany and Israel.

• Yes, love exotic produce

• nope, but I'd have no problem doing so

• I supported my Finnish friend in League, and she's a lady. Does that count as a date?

• I have travelled but I was rather young at that time.. so no scope for dating lmao.

• Not yet but I am open to give it a try. 😊 wanna date?

• no i have never done that.

• Never, but I'd like to. I'm Korean American and I love Italian women.

• I am waiting my aspirants

• yerrr

• I'm British and I have a crush on an Italian female friend, I've really fallen for her. But I've also heard she has a bit of a fetish for British guys, the only problem is that we're friends already, so I don't want to do anything to ruin our friendship, even though there's a good chance we could be a good couple. But yes, I agree it can be a great cultural experience, and I think lots of people are attracted to those who are different from themselves.

• ya, i dated a russian, and i almost dated a german

What Girls Said 7

• I mean, I'm gonna have dude sex with a Spanish guy so yeah that's pretty multicultural
    @aledeeurope

• You'll get to taste the multiculturalism first handed. Though I gotta have a taste too, you can't go free.

• @AleDeEurope I thought I could use you, just have your butthole and then run but... I guess you could choose one of my body parts :( But just one :(

• Just one? Nuh uh, I want the whole package ;)

• nope.

• ... many.
    I travel o/s a lot + Melbourne, Australia is very diverse.

• Yes, I have.

• Yeah same! My ex was from Germany, i learned a bunch about the culture and country the time we dated

• I have never dated anyone from another country, but that's because I've only dated someone once so I don't really have much experience. However, I am open to the idea of it if the opportunity ever arrises.

• Nope