Is this guy trying to push me away and hurt me?

So I was hooking up with this guy casually but then we started to develop feelings for each other and it shifted the dynamic a bit. Then I moved across the country. We never ended things because there was "nothing" to end. Since I moved (over a month), we've messaged each other and skyped. He would tell me how he's thinking about me and that he's crazy about me. Then he would stop talking to me then resume again. I feel like i reciprocated my feelings... but must admit im a bit guarded. I do like him but not sure what we're doing. Then last we spoke, he asked if I was seeing anyone and how he's surprised Im not seeing anyone yet. And even encouraged me to see someone else- this is after telling me he missed me. I'm so confused and hurt that i couldn't really reply back. Should I forget this guy? I know a relationship is not realistically so what are we doing?

What Guys Said 1

• Get over it and have a real relationship
    I mean you're old enough to do anything you want.. like dating other guys
    Your life won't stop on him
    If you felt he just doesn't want you just move on

What Girls Said 1

• You should definitely forget about him. He even told you to meet someone else.