Should I get a mail order bride?

Okay so I'm 24 years old I've dated a lot but I've only been in 4 relationships 2 lasted a week, 1 lasted a month and 1 lasted 6 months. I live in Texas and am wanting to move to LA but I'm still a little bit from that and every girl where I live is either married, in a relationship or is not interested in me. I'm not a bad looking guy but I'm no Brad Pit (or a more modern name Chris Pratt) I'm like a Adam Sandler. Im 6'4 230 pounds if that matters. A former co worker of mine got a mail order bride and are happily married. I've always thought it would be cool to have a wife from another country. Should I? I'm on tinder but don't click with anyone I'm very much a "March to the beat of my own drum" type of cat. Should I get one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude... you're only 24... just go live your friggin life and see how it pans out. You've got plenty of time to find someone who's right for you. Wouldn't you rather end up with someone who you have a real connection with than commit yourself to someone you don't even know at a young age? Your mail order bride won't love you and any interest she shows in you will be fake. Not even getting into the fact that you'd be supporting a very abusive and exploitative industry.

If it makes you feel any better, I was 28 when I met my boyfriend. Until him, my longest relationship had been 4 months and I'd had one other 3 month long one. And I'm pretty hot and have always been well liked socially, had lots of friends, etc.

What Girls Said 13

• I initially thought you were kidding, but I see you are serious! Instead of a mail order bride, why don't take a year or 2 out and live in a different country/culture and see if you find the girl of your dreams that way? That will give you a real opportunity to meet, date, and get to know the girl in a more human and natural way. Mail order worked for your colleague does not mean it will work for you. How do you want to place such a crucial decision as to who you will likely spend the rest of your life with on getting on with a complete stranger? Put some work into it and I'm sure you will reap the benefit.

• True. I don't really have the money to live there. I'm just really worried that no one is going to be into me.

• If you really want to do it, then put a plan in place and save up. You are still very young, so you can get jobs in any country if you are not too selective. Have you ever heard of house sitters etc? You get to stay in large posh houses for free and even get paid for it! Do your research, sign up to a house-sitting website or network, save up for a ticket and jet off - life is too short, don't waste it worrying someone won't like you! Plan for it, and go for it.

• Oh wow I didn't know that was a thing. That's awesome!

• I mean the mail order brides usually don't have every good lives, usually been abused physically and mentally and are scared for their lives, so if you choose to go this route make sure to treat this woman like a queen and actually love her and give her a real family and protect her. Don't treat her like a piece of meat like a lot of men do to woman, but honestly if your doing it for the right reasons and your a good person, I think you should. I don't think for a second woman being bought is right but I rather a good person get her and take of her then some random a-hole that plans to rape her ever night, and think that she owes him something.

• Up to you but you're 24 barely. You're so young and still have many opportunities waiting ahead of you.

• If you want to but that's a pretty big decision.
    And 24 is still young so I would personally give it a few more years before I commit so something like that. Good luck!

• Why would you buy a wife? I don't understand, you date, you have had relationships, you're only 24.

I don't ruining could ever buy love, it would crush any self esteem I had knowing I had to pay someone to be with me.

• I don't think a decision like this should be made by asking people on the internet lol. You can think for yourself, I assume?

• Don't marry her before getting to know you. She could be using you for citizenship

• Marry me, and give me a green card. You can have a neurologist as your wife. So do it now!!!

• no. that's like, human trafficking. have some decency

• um, that's really sad tbh. Don't do it.

• "I'm worried no one is going to be into me."

So you want to pay someone to pretend to be into you?

You honestly don't sound like the type that would enjoy that. Just get out into more social situations.

• this has to be one of the most pathetic questions I have ever read. Truly pathetic. people on this site are so miserable. Gosh.

• Don't you think it would be smarter to look inside YOURSELF first and question why you can't seem to maintain a relationship instead of trying to take the easy way out and just buy a woman?

What Guys Said 9