I'm so confused with him. Help?

I am being deployed with the navy this February. I was completely fine with it but now I have started talking to a wonderful guy who I feel we have mutual feelings towards each other. I'm nervous that he isn't making any advances because of the fact that I'll be leaving for the service. We are constantly talking and are very open with one another and we are always making flirty comments and can explain what we like about each other on a personal level for hours. I don't want to give up on my career in any way but I am curious as to whether there is a way to start somewhere with him before I have to leave. Of course I'll be in contact and visiting home periodically so I know we can see each other. He's mentioned that he wouldn't mind marrying me because of how we solve issues together and I feel that he just might be that one for me.

How do I figure out something I can do from my end without ruining what we've built up so far and how can I make it progress more?

He and I have talked a lot about what we want in life and have always come around to wanting to be married to someone who shared life goals. He will be the one to bring up the possibility of us getting married. I don't think a guy would talk about the possibility of a life together unless he meant it.

What Guys Said 2

• No guy would just tell on the fly, while being 110% serious, that he "wouldn't mind marrying you". You have military service lining up, the other guy will either wait or not wait. There's nothing more to be said or done.

• It wasn't really on the fly. We had been talking about what we want in life and came to the topic of marriage and thats when he said that he wouldn't mind if it was me he married

• If you like him, then tell him to wait for you.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think that would be a good idea. It's going to be a constant struggle for both of you.