Why do you use Tinder?

Why do you use Tinder?
I started using Tinder a few years ago. I always delete the whole app when I get too many matches that send me weird messages. There is a lot of guys who think they are gonna get sex from all their matches, and then there are guys who wants to get to know you. There are also a lot of creepers.

I have got some really creepy stalkers from there also. One was always asking me to come over and I never said yes, then he started stalking me and sent me messages he had seen me and wanted to fuck. Great. I didn't.

So now I want to hear what you GaGers think. What do you use Tinder for? Do you have any weird experiences to share here?

• Date
  • Kill time
  • Troll people
  • Sex
  • Talk
  • SEE RESULTS (do not use it myself)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• When I used it, I used it for whatever - dates, hookups. Just not to find friends because that's not what it's meant for!

• I don't use tinder or dating sites.

• Why are you guys commenting this! This question is for tinder users and if you don't have anything to say about Tinder I don't see why you want to comment. 😂 Haha, but I am glad for you though. Tinder is not really anything worth wasting your time on.

• You had a see results option that was for people who don't use it themselves.

• Yeah, I made the button for curious GaGers... But why do you comment it 😂 maybe I have missed some hidden point here on GaG, because I didn't know this was gonna happen. But it is ok I guess, I was just wondering.

• I've installed it just out of curiosity. I wanna give online dating a try so I thought why not but didn't use it much. On other apps I get regularly matches and likes but on tinder literally 0, so I just stopped using it

• Maybe you used bad pictures or had a weird description? 😄 othervise it sounds weird

• I have on a different app (Lovoo) the same pics and description and get regularly likes and matches. When swiping myself it seems that there are less people on Tinder living close to me... which surprises me because Tinder is by far the most well known one of those apps.

• lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo at swiped wrong, nerds should be banned from tinder. All they do is complaint and make questions on yahoo about tinder is useless

• Haha that should maybe have been one option; to complain

• It's like middle school for them again baha

• Probably 👌 maybe they'll learn some day.

• I really just use it to kill time ill get it for a month, delete it and get it again a fee months later and repeat

"Im new to tinder and swiped the wrong way" hahaha classic

• Don't use it and never will and yeah that's the expected result. Its not for dating it's for hookups. Period. People saying shit oh its for dating. Nahh guys and girls on there are to fuck lol. Idc if you met your boyfriend or girlfriend on there. Orginally they all were dtf lmao

• I am not there to fuck, and this poll shows that there are other people who aren't there to fuck. Just saying. But it is not any thing you need to use, I think the app is crappy anyway. But do not talk about something you know nothing about.

• Yeah, I have. Last fall I met a guy and we dated a few months. But I've only met 1 guy worth dating in my opinion. I'm starting to give up tho... There haven't been as many good choices recently

• @Puppylove94 But one is already something. :) I met also one good guy recently, just that he is moving to another country soon. So I guess it will end sooner or later anyways. I am not sure if I should even continue it any further. Tinder isn't really a great place to find something real, but there is always that slight chance ofc.

• i use it for dating

• You should stop using it

• Probably, just that o have found some interesting guys too there.

• Don't use tinder application.

• Online dating is useless.

• My goal is to get the know the girl on there first then go on a date. Seems like the girls I try to talk to use it for an ego boost or they don't respond because I'm "boring". They say they want to get to know you first but don't respond. So do they just want sex? No because those guys are rude and creepy! What the hell do girls want in there?

• Maybe they are talking to someone else. Or they dont use it much. But not all guys reply either, so dont be silly and say it is only girls 😂 and do not take it too personal. It is just tinder. And who knows maybe you said some weird pickup-line..

• Have you *

• Yes, after i compliment them and they respond, I ask them how they're doing, they respond again, then I ask them if they want to get a beer or coffee. A lot of girls actually say in their bios to take them out for a beer or coffee. But I don't get responses after that. They either never respond to begin with or it ends after I ask them out.

• I would just swipe right on everything. 5-10 matches a day.

• I don't use it.

• I know this question applies to Tinder, but... I have used the following on and off:
    -Tinder
    -POF
    -OKCupid

I have quit online dating for a while, because you women are all the same.

Common Female Profile:
    "I want a guy who has good conversation, who has a college degree, is independent, is a hard worker, is intelligent, knows what he wants and dresses well."

I give women all of that, and then they stop replying to my messages after a few days. These are the same women that constantly complain that there's no good men in the world.

Honestly... women don't need to use online dating to meet men. I really think women use those sites to get attention or they are bad daters and aren't good at keeping men around because of their personalities.

• Or then you just message all the women that behave like that. And by the way; you men are all the same too. At the end if the day we all are.

• I recently created an account. I just wanna find out if I can any matches. Maybe get a confidence boost. Or my confidence could be crushed. Basically taking risk. If I get any matches then I will only chat. Not looking for sex or long-term relationship.

What Girls Said 14

• To go on dates. I have another date tomorrow with a great guy I met on tinder :) we've been talking for a couple of months now and it's been nice.

• I have not/do not/will not use Tinder. I am not curious about meeting fuckboys neither getting STDs from them. Why would you use Tinder? You should be desperate and not be able to hold or satisfy yourself sexually. I think each time you push too hard to meet or hookup someone online, universe is pushing the time to the future, the time you'll meet the love of your life. No point in forcing the destiny.

• I am using it to just talk with interesting people and have fun. I am not searching for sex-partners or anything serious either. I just like to talk to new people. :) I have also met a few nice guys fromantic there. But I understand your point and I agree with some of it.

• i don't use it

• Hahahaha i like the first pick up line i would continue to talk to that guy. Tinder is a lot of fun if you are looking for casual sex.

• Some use it to find dates, some use it for sex, some use it to find husband or wife , some use it for fun or some use it for boosting their ego

• Try Bumble. It's just like Tinder, except men cannot send the first message, you have to do it.

• I would but it is not that common over here, so there are like only 10 people near me using it and probably they aren't using it either after they saw how unpopular it is.

• I met my current boyfriend on Tinder.

• When I did use it, I treated it like a game.
    How many matches can I get?
    Answer: 1400 lmao
    Went on a date with one of them. Lmao bad choice.

• I made one once because we found out my friend's boyfriend had one and we wanted to see what he was up to (he was being an asshat in case anyone wondered) but I tried to delete it the same day and it wouldn't let me so I just deleted the app.

• You are now aware that guys who use Tinder can still swipe you there? If you have swipe guys right, they can match you and start a convo. 😅 I wouldn't personally like that. You can try with going to facebook settings and see the apps that you have allowed using your profile. Then block/den tinder. I think that would also hinder it from functioning.

• To troll people for amusement. I one time got this guy to pay me for me to send him nudes (that wasn't of me but he didn't know that) haha.

• I've never had the chance to use it. I've been with my boyfriend way before tinder came out. But I'm dying to try it. It seems like everyone who uses it has great stories!

• Haha! Trust me, even if it is fun for a while it gets boring and annoying. So you are not missing anything very special. 😊

• But I-I don't!

• Tinder is pretty much a hookup app and you can't really expect much from a site/app that doesn't require a paid subscription. That is where the creeps and goof-offs will be.

• To find sexual partners to have group /no strings sex

• That's probably easy to find. I at least get too many sex invitations. And I am not there for that which I make clear.

• Yeah... i know what ya mean.. not sure there's that many princes on tinder... lots of knights and court jesters tho haha

• Haha yeah 😉