He broke he's only promise already?

Ex wanted me back
And I said yes but under one condition no pot

And we'll yesterday I questioned our relationship asking do you think we will last and he gave me this big speech
Then said I'm coming over tonight to reassure you
He came over stoned
And when I mentioned it he said he didn't expect me to notice

Most Helpful Guy

• He obviously doesn't value the promise.

It could be something he's dealing with that causes him to smoke a lot. I remember when I was younger, I would smoke all day. I could do anything while high. Tests, driving far, meeting girls, etc. So when the girls would get 'truly' upset at it - it was no biggie for me. In my mind, the scenario was more, "I've been smoking for 8 months non-stop and just met you. You want me to quit smoking pot? What?"

Most Helpful Girl

• So what's your question? It sounds like you made it pretty cut and dry. If smoking weed is an absolute deal breaker for you, then break up with him. You've let him know how you felt about the matter, you can try talking to him about how important it is for him to not do that, but you're basically going to be asking him to change his lifestyle for you, when honestly at that point I think it's more worth it to find someone who is more compatible.

That being said, I'm not sure WHY it's such a huge issue for you.. I know a lot of guys who sometime are MORE productive when they smoke. There are different strains of weed and some make you sleepy and stoned and fuck around but other strains help people focus, bring out more creativity, calms them down, etc. As long as he's completely functional when he smokes or doesn't do it around you if you don't like the smell, then maybe there's something you can compromise on.

What Guys Said 1

• Leave him, he will do the same again and again. I bet one day he will realise how much he fucked up.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm going to agree with Zendrya.

He can't be that serious about getting back with you if he's still doing the one thing you asked him not to. It doesn't matter what he says in speech, words mean nothing. Actions speak louder.

If he was that serious about it, it'd show through his actions and he certainly wouldn't lie to you either.

• This boy has his priorities criss-crossed.

Let him go. If it's meant to be, he'll clean up his life and come back to you.

Personally, though, I don't see the big deal. So long as they ingest it instead of smoking it.

• What's the difference of ingesting it
      It pre much does the same thing

you just don't get the smoke taste

• I can't stand the smell. So if they eat it, instead of smoking, no smell.

The taste also isn't as noticeable (for me) if you kiss or make out with someone who's eaten it.

• I would say no to getting back with him

• And you're surprised... why? Clearly he values pot more than you, just dump the guy and move on.

• Well for some people it is hard to quit smoking pot. I know a few people that smoke.

• He doesn't care about you if he can't stop smoking weed for you. Just leave him.

• leave him you deserve better

• Dump him fkr good