I'm dating this 16 year old and my step mom says that when he turns 18 I won't be able to date him what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're 14 and he's 16 ummmm aye just make it work, screw your step-mom she trying to but into your ****. I'm not from America, but I know that as long as nobody can really tell the age difference and as long as your step-mom doesn't call the police (whatever the laws are for your country/state) then everything is alright keep being with him lol. Just hope for yourself that you two will still be fond of each other, if he is going to college you better hope you keep talking and stuff, otherwise someone else will come ^^. I look at it like this, if two people were already dating and both were under the age of consent or whatever it shouldn't fooking matter, then all of a sudden one of them turns "that" age, it still shouldn't fooking matter. As long as the relationship is good and he/she is a good person everything is alright. You can respect your step-mom for worrying, but don't let her fook up your shite OP.

What Guys Said 11

• That depends on the law where you live and the nature of your relationship. In what state do you reside?

• thank you for the information.

• You are welcome.

• Get pregnant before he turns 18 so that your mom can't say "no", duh

• Technically the law is that someone over the age of 18 can't copulate with a minor, something she probably assumes y'all are doing. But to get even more technical there is another law that coincides with that one called the romeo juliet law that allows the two to do so provided the age difference is no greater than 3 years

• In two years you will be 16. That is the age of consent in many jurisdictions, and if it isn't, there is often a "Romeo and Juliet" clause in the consent law that allows for one partner to be underage provided the age gap isn't too big.

• Your stepmom is wrong. If she was right, I wouldn't be here.

• That's 2 years from now. Worry about it then.

• It won't last that long

• Move to Spain.

• That's 4 years away, just enjoy yourself.

• how do I enjoy myself.

• Glad to help.

• You will surely get break-up soon..

• dont bother... whats the point of that

What Girls Said 9

• Not date him?

• With a 2 year age difference it should be fine depending on where you live.

• You'll break up before then.

• i don't think so.

• okay i understand that but so what.

• You're worrying about a situation that is not going to happen.

• I doubt it'll last that long and even if it does why worry about it now?

• i think you will be able to date him as long as you guys don't do anything sexual I think you'll be fine. Or keep it a secret.

• Romeo and Juliet law can help depending on what state your in

• Why not?

• You are dating at 14 years of age?

• That is just so young. Dont get so hostile little girl. Dont ask a question then expect everyone to give you the answer you want.

• It won't last 2 years so don't worry about that

• well this guy is pretty serious and I really like him so we think it will last long.