Why do I feel dumb around him?

It's not that he makes me feel dumb at all, but I always do very dumb things when I'm around him or say very dumb things. Kind of seem like an air head lol.. We've been dating for a little over a year, and this still happens! Why is this! Why especially through actions do I seem like I'm kind of in a dream world when I'm with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would consider that an adorable trait... if you are just a little nervous. Nothing to be worried about!

What Guys Said 3

• you remind me of these anime girls who are all nervous around their crush. maybe it is just how you are? there's nothing wrong with these things, it can be quite cute sometimes.

• Maybe it's anxiety that you have when around him.

• Well, are you dumb?

What Girls Said 3

• It's probably nerves, are you always trying to impress him and/or worrying what he thinks of you?

I used to act a total dumbo or weird in front of my crushes because I was so worried about impressing them or how they judged me.

Luckily, I decided to just be myself with my boyfriend when we were friends and eventually got more comfortable with him. When we were friends, for a while we'd only talk online and hadn't actually seen each other in years (it's a weird story). When we found out we liked each other and he asked why I liked him, I sent him a bit of a sappy message saying why and I remember being so nervous of his reaction. To my surprise he just found it cute.

I was nervous when we met up in person after all that time too, especially seeing as now he knew I liked him. The second time we met up after that was bonfire night when I went to his house and met his family for the first time. He was the one sorting out the fireworks and kept going to the bottom of the garden. Someone gave me a firework and asked if I could pass it to him (my bf). It was dark so I couldn't see him but I didn't want to sound like an idiot by asking where he was since I figured he's probably just at the top of the garden.

I went to walk over only for someone to go "He's there" and realise he wasn't that far away from where I was already standing. I can't quite recall if I got laughed at or not but I think I might've done and he likes to bring it up whenever I wind him up about anything.

I defended myself by saying he was wearing a black shirt and I couldn't see him well in the dark but I don't think it worked much.

Thankfully, I have gotten a lot less nervous around him since and haven't been quite as stupid in his presence I don't think.

• Perhaps He may Make you Feel that it's a big Deal to Less than Adequate, and you Find you Cannot... Be yourself.
    'Not that he makes me feel dumb at all,' but you may 'Feel' that he Likes a Picture Perfect girl, or so you think, and you are Doing 'Very dumb things' because you are Trying Too Hard to Keep him Happy with and it is Not Working too Well.
    Good luck. xx

• <3<3<3
    You are still madly in love with him and still at that 'honeymoon' period. :P