How do I know when it is the right time to have sex with a date?

He said he wishes to see where it goes and that he is not rushing things because he is doing things seriously. I even met his friends and his parents know about me. He even met my parents. His words and actions align perfectly. Is it safe by now? How do I know if it's time?

What Guys Said 1

• If it feels right just go with it

What Girls Said 1

• Sexual decision making is tricky for most of us. There are so many different factors at play the excitement of being with someone new, social expectations, gender roles, not to mention sex drives and hormones.

Each situation is different, but here are ways you might be able to gauge whether you’re ready to sleep with someone.

Be clear with your partner about what you’re looking for in sleeping together. If you want your relationship to become more serious, tell your new beau that you'd like to sleep together, but that you want to have "the talk" first.

If you’re just looking for a good time, you can say something like, ''this doesn't have to mean anything other than what it is.''

You can be casual about it (no need to deliver a lengthy monologue about your five-year plan) while still being clear.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Can I consider he made the talk by saying he wants to see where things go between us? We live far and he still said he wants to give it a try and he said that right after kissing me pointing out that he is a serious guy just like I am a serious girl. I met his friends, his parents know about me and he met my parents and friends. We are not exactly together but he is not rushing or pushing to have sex. He waited for little over a month before kissing me.